- Sub Headline: During Nationwide “Month Of Giving”
- Franchise URL: http://www.jerseymikes.com
- Listed: April 13, 2016 7:22 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 13, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // MANASQUAN, N.J. – Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its authentic fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, joined with its generous customers this March during the 6th Annual “Month of Giving” to raise more than $4 million for 180 different charities nationwide. The company raised $3.4 million of the total on one day – March 30, Day of Giving – when 100 percent of sales nationwide went to the charity partners.
For the total amount raised in your local market as well as a listing of participating restaurants and charities in your area, go to jerseymikes.com/mog/charities.
“I would like to thank our extraordinary customers, franchise owners, team members and charity partners who helped us exceed our goal during Jersey Mike’s 6th Annual Month of Giving in March,” said Peter Cancro, Jersey Mike’s founder and CEO. “Our mission statement has always been focused on making a difference in people’s lives, and the $4 million raised this March will go a long way toward supporting the good work of our 180 partner charities.”
Cancro, who bought his first sub shop at age 17, credits two local businessmen in Point Pleasant Beach where he grew up — Jack Baker of Baker’s Lobster Shanty and Bob Hoffman of Hoffman’s Ice Cream – with showing him the importance of giving unconditionally to the community. From the beginning this philosophy has been central to Jersey Mike’s mission.
During the month of March, customers were invited to come in to their local Jersey Mike’s restaurant and make a donation to a local designated charity partner. The campaign culminated in Jersey Mike’s “Day of Giving” when 100 percent of the day’s sales were donated to each local charity partner. The charity recipients included schools, hospitals, youth organizations, food banks and more.
Since it began in 2011, Jersey Mike’s annual Month of Giving fundraiser has raised more than $12 million for charities throughout the country.
Jersey Mike’s believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same, a philosophy that has fueled the sub sandwich chain’s popularity. Last year, Jersey Mike’s opened 197 new locations and exceeded the 1,000-unit mark. Started in 1956, the sub chain now has more than 1,500 restaurants open and under development nationwide.
For more information about Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving, please visit: www.jerseymikes.com/mog.
About Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 1,500 locations open and under development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Jersey Mike’s offers A Sub Above®, serving authentic fresh sliced subs on freshly baked bread – the same recipe it started with in 1956 – and is passionate about giving back to its local communities. For more information, please visit www.jerseymikes.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jerseymikes) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jerseymikes). Join in the conversation at #JerseyMikesGives.
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s
Splash Communications, LLC
O: (603) 893-1707
M: (917) 838-4500
213 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (7 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (5 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (3 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)