Jiffy Lube® Raises More Than $1 Million for MDA to Support Kids and Adults with Neuromuscular Disease
- Sub Headline: From Aug. 1 through Sept. 7, 2015, drivers were invited to make a $3 donation to MDA at their local Jiffy Lube service center to help free kids and adults from the harm of muscle-debilitating diseases.
- City: Chicago
- State: Illinois
- Listed: December 1, 2015 12:57 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
CHICAGO, (FranchisePOD.com) DECEMBER 01, 2015 – The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) today announced that Jiffy Lube has raised more than $1 million during the fourth annual MUSCLE UP! SM campaign to help kids and adults with muscular dystrophy, ALS and related muscle-debilitating diseases live longer and grow stronger.
“Each day, kids and adults with neuromuscular diseases are losing their ability to do every day things like walking, playing, hugging, talking and even breathing. But Jiffy Lube customers, employees and franchise owners in hometowns across America are working hard to change that,” said MDA President and CEO Steven M. Derks. “Because of their generosity and enthusiasm to ‘Muscle Up’ for MDA, every dollar that was donated this summer will help empower our families with critical resources and support to live a life without limits.”
From Aug. 1 through Sept. 7, 2015, drivers were invited to make a $3 donation to MDA at their local Jiffy Lube service center to help free kids and adults from the harm of muscle-debilitating diseases. In return, donors received a MUSCLE UP! savings book containing more than $100 in savings from Jiffy Lube as well as coupons from national retailers such as Brookstone, Famous Footwear®, Aeropostale® and Buca di Beppo.
Throughout the five-week fundraiser, many franchisees raised local awareness and support through MUSCLE UP! kick-off events and customer appreciation days, with MDA families in attendance. Additionally, both local service center employees and Jiffy Lube International staff members attended several barrier-free MDA summer camps, where they spent time with campers and learned about the important cause they are supporting.
Jiffy Lube International President, Steven Ledbetter, also had a chance to experience “Awesome Adventures” at an MDA summer camp in Wisconsin with MDA National Goodwill Ambassador Reagan Imhoff, 10. Ledbetter treated Reagan and all of her buddies to a fun-filled day of fishing, arts & crafts and much more.
“This summer I was fortunate enough to be able to experience the magic of MDA summer camp with a very special young lady,” said Ledbetter. “It was amazing to see firsthand how funds raised through MUSCLE UP! help MDA provide accessible summer camps for kids like Reagan who are courageously fighting muscle disease. I am extremely proud of Jiffy Lube franchisees, service center employees and our customers who have gone above and beyond to make a difference in the communities where we live and work.”
The MUSCLE UP! campaign draws a parallel between the body’s muscular system and a vehicle’s engine structure – both require care and maintenance to optimize their performance and ensure safety and comfort. It is driven by the passionate support of Jiffy Lube franchisees, who are deeply committed to giving back to their communities, as well as the drivers who look to Jiffy Lube for their vehicle preventive maintenance needs.
Since 2012, Jiffy Lube has raised more than $4.5 million nationally for MDA through the MUSCLE UP! program. Vital funds raised will help MDA find research breakthroughs across neuromuscular diseases; provide care for kids and adults from day one; and empower its families with services and support in hometowns across America.
Through generous donations, thousands of children will also have the opportunity to experience the best week of the year where anything is possible at MDA summer camp at no cost to their families.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is the world’s leading nonprofit health agency dedicated to saving and improving the lives of people with muscle disease, including muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular diseases. It does so by funding worldwide research to find treatments and cures; by providing comprehensive health care services and support to MDA families nationwide; and by rallying communities to fight back through advocacy, fundraising and local engagement. Visit mda.org and follow us at facebook.com/MDAnational and @MDAnews. Learn more about MDA’s mission by watching this video.
About Jiffy Lube
Jiffy Lube International, Inc. (“Jiffy Lube”), with more than 2,000 franchised service centers in North America, serves approximately 22 million customers each year. Jiffy Lube pioneered the fast oil change industry in 1979 by establishing the first drive-through service bay, providing customers with fast, professional service for their vehicles. Headquartered in Houston, Jiffy Lube is a wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Shell Oil Company. Visit http://www.JiffyLube.com to learn more about Jiffy Lube and vehicle care.
About Shell Oil Company
Shell Oil Company is an affiliate of the Royal Dutch Shell plc, a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with operations in more than 70 countries. In the U.S., Shell operates in 50 states and employs more than 20,000 people working to help tackle the challenges of the new energy future. For more information, visit http://www.shell.us.
163 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (6 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (2 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (2 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (2 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (1 views)