- Sub Headline: Cone Food Franchise to Bring 10 New Locations to West Coast
- Franchise URL: http://www.konousa.com
- Listed: April 1, 2016 12:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
SAN DIEGO – April 01, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Franchisor of “The Original” Kono Pizza and Kono To-Go, Fresh Eats, Treats & Sweets, Kono USA, announced today a new signed franchise agreement in San Diego. The agreement, a first for the brands on the West Coast, will bring 10 new locations to the area, the first of which will open in late Q3 of this year, offering a variety of breakfast, deli, pizza and desserts in a cone in local malls.
Spearheaded by a team of franchisees, the forthcoming locations are a collective effort between a group of lifelong friends and family members Ben Hardie and husband and wife team Richard and Sunyoung Myers. Richard and Ben, friends since middle school, were both teaching English in South Korea when Richard and Sunyoung met. Ten years later, the group is embarking on a new venture together to open the first Kono USA locations in California.
“After searching for a similar quick serve food franchise concept with a low point of entry for a few years, our group is thrilled to be pioneering the concept in California, where we expect it will be met with wild success,” noted Hardie. “The simplicity and convenience that the concept offers customers is entirely unique to the area.”
The first of the 10 locations will be opening in local malls, as kiosks, Hardie noted. If all goes according to plan, the first location will be open in August of this year. After the brand presence is built up in the San Diego and Los Angeles areas, the partners may look into opening other platforms, like the food truck, in-line stores and carts for venues and festivals. The San Diego signing is the latest in a long line of agreement signings, with 20 signed in Dallas, 10 in the Atlanta area, and locations opening in Philly and Florida.
“This franchise agreement signing is a milestone for our brand and our domestic expansion,” said Carlo Ruggiero, co-founder of Kono USA. “Breaking in to this new state and conquering the West Coast is a goal we’ve been working towards in the past year, and we’re thrilled to reach this milestone with partners like these.”
Both “The Original” Kono Pizza and the new Kono To-Go franchise concepts offer the same variety of quality products, including breakfast, deli, pizza and dessert items, all served in freshly-baked dough cones. Items are prepared using ingredients inspired by original Italian recipes and baked in just three minutes in the brand’s proprietary oven. The brands continue to bring innovative new product offerings to the table, as evidenced by a new partnership with Ghirardelli bringing four new gourmet treat cones to the menu.
“Kono USA is a concept completely unique from any snack, meal or pizza option available in the San Diego market,” said David Ragosa, co-founder of Kono USA. “Our products are catching on quickly across America, as we plan to add more than 50 new locations across the country this year.”
About Kono USA
In 2013, entrepreneurs David Ragosa, Carlo Ruggiero, and Greg Kinlaw introduced the already popular European pizza-in-a-cone concept to America by establishing Kono USA and offering “The Original” Kono Pizza franchise opportunity. In 2015, the company expanded its portfolio to include Kono To-Go, reflecting diverse and portable product offerings of treats, eats and sweets in addition to its staple pizza cones. All products are filled with fresh, quality ingredients inspired by original Italian recipes and baked in just three minutes in a proprietary oven. Most recently, Kono has been ranked No. 23 in Franchise Gator’s Top 100 Emerging Franchises of 2016. There are currently more than 50 “The Original” Kono Pizza or Kono To-Go locations operating or in various stages of development across the United States. For more information about “The Original” Kono Pizza or Kono To-Go franchises, visit franchise.konousa.com or call (855) 566-6872. To learn more about “The Original” Kono Pizza and Kono To-Go, visit www.konousa.com.
SOURCE Kono USA
Fishman Public Relations
J.T. Morand, 847-945-1300
317 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (1 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (1 views)