- Franchise URL: http://www.KrispyKreme.com
- Listed: April 5, 2016 6:26 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – April 4, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (NYSE:KKD) today announced it is transitioning to 100 percent cage-free eggs – a process it expects to complete by 2026.
“Ensuring the eggs that we use all come from cage-free chickens is the right thing for our company and our customers,” said Tom Kuharcik, Senior Vice President, Global Supply Chain. “We look forward to working with our suppliers as the industry continues to add capacity to eventually use only cage-free eggs in our products that require the use of eggs.”
The Humane Society of the United States applauded Krispy Kreme’s commitment to transition to 100 percent cage-free eggs.
“We welcome Krispy Kreme’s commitment to improving animal welfare in its supply system,” said Matthew Prescott, Senior Food Policy Director for the Humane Society of the United States. “Krispy Kreme shows once again that doing good can be an important part of doing well.”
About Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc., is a global retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed® doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the Company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is proud of its Fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts can be found in approximately 12,000 grocery, convenience and mass merchant stores in the U.S. The Company has more than 1,000 retail shops in 25 countries. Connect with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts at www.KrispyKreme.com, or on one its many social media channels, including www.Facebook.com/KrispyKreme, and www.Twitter.com/KrispyKreme.
SOURCE Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
Sr. Director, Corporate Communications
179 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (7 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (5 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (4 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircuts ranked #9 in Entrepreneur “Franchise 500” (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)