Kumon Franchise Expands in Metro Washington, D.C. with the Opening of a New Math and Reading Center in Alexandria, Virginia
- Franchise URL: http://www.kumon.com
- Listed: July 5, 2016 9:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Teaneck, N.J. (FranchisePOD.com) July 5, 2016 – Kumon, the world’s largest after-school education franchise, is expanding in Metro Washington, D.C. with the opening of its second center in Alexandria, Virginia. The first center opened in 2001. The Kumon Math and Reading Center of Alexandria-Newington will give thousands of additional parents access to an individualized learning program for their pre-school to high school aged children. There are 35 Kumon Math and Reading Centers in Metro Washington, D.C.
The Washington, D.C. area is one of the most educated metropolitan areas in the country and has the highest science and engineering work force in the United States. A great deal of emphasis is placed on education in Alexandria as it is home to the state’s top ranked high school, making it an ideal region for Kumon’s expansion.
“As the capital of the United States and home to our federal government agencies, a great deal of importance is placed on educational opportunities in the area,” said Larry Lambert, vice president of franchise recruitment at Kumon North America. “The demand for additional Kumon learning centers continues to be seen and we are excited to bring the Kumon Method of Learning to even more families in Alexandria.”
Kumon’s Presence in Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- First center opened in 1983
- 9,094 subject enrollments at 35 centers
- 28 percent increase in subject enrollment in last five years
The Kumon Method empowers children to become self-learners and is designed to advance children’s math and reading skills while fostering a love for learning. Kumon sparks critical thinking, establishes a pattern of success and builds confidence that can lead to accelerated learning throughout life.
To learn more about the Kumon franchise opportunity, visit kumonfranchise.com.
About the Kumon Franchise Business
Kumon is an ideal small business for professionals. Kumon Franchisees must have a four-year college degree, be proficient in math and reading and have investment capital of $70,000 and a net worth of at least $150,000. Founded in 1958, Kumon has four million students enrolled in 26,000 learning centers in 49 countries and regions. Kumon North America is headquartered in Teaneck, NJ.
SOURCE Kumon North America
312 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- MyWay Mobile Storage Provides Portable Storage Containers to 2017 Festival of Nations (3 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise – Reed Nyffeler – The Role of the Annual Convention (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (3 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (3 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (3 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (3 views)