Kumon Franchise Expands in Metro Washington, D.C. with the Opening of a New Math and Reading Center in Alexandria, Virginia
- Franchise URL: http://www.kumon.com
- Listed: July 5, 2016 9:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Teaneck, N.J. (FranchisePOD.com) July 5, 2016 – Kumon, the world’s largest after-school education franchise, is expanding in Metro Washington, D.C. with the opening of its second center in Alexandria, Virginia. The first center opened in 2001. The Kumon Math and Reading Center of Alexandria-Newington will give thousands of additional parents access to an individualized learning program for their pre-school to high school aged children. There are 35 Kumon Math and Reading Centers in Metro Washington, D.C.
The Washington, D.C. area is one of the most educated metropolitan areas in the country and has the highest science and engineering work force in the United States. A great deal of emphasis is placed on education in Alexandria as it is home to the state’s top ranked high school, making it an ideal region for Kumon’s expansion.
“As the capital of the United States and home to our federal government agencies, a great deal of importance is placed on educational opportunities in the area,” said Larry Lambert, vice president of franchise recruitment at Kumon North America. “The demand for additional Kumon learning centers continues to be seen and we are excited to bring the Kumon Method of Learning to even more families in Alexandria.”
Kumon’s Presence in Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- First center opened in 1983
- 9,094 subject enrollments at 35 centers
- 28 percent increase in subject enrollment in last five years
The Kumon Method empowers children to become self-learners and is designed to advance children’s math and reading skills while fostering a love for learning. Kumon sparks critical thinking, establishes a pattern of success and builds confidence that can lead to accelerated learning throughout life.
To learn more about the Kumon franchise opportunity, visit kumonfranchise.com.
About the Kumon Franchise Business
Kumon is an ideal small business for professionals. Kumon Franchisees must have a four-year college degree, be proficient in math and reading and have investment capital of $70,000 and a net worth of at least $150,000. Founded in 1958, Kumon has four million students enrolled in 26,000 learning centers in 49 countries and regions. Kumon North America is headquartered in Teaneck, NJ.
SOURCE Kumon North America
281 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (6 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (2 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (2 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (1 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (1 views)