- Franchise URL: http://www.kumon.com
- Listed: June 1, 2016 10:38 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
TEANECK, N.J. (FranchisePOD.com) June 1, 2016 – Kumon, the world’s largest after-school education franchise, is expanding in the Bay Area with the opening of its first learning center in East Palo Alto, California. There are currently 11 Kumon Centers in San Mateo County. The first Kumon Center in East Palo Alto will give thousands of additional parents access to a nearby learning center for their pre-school to high school aged children.
East Palo Alto has seen an explosion of development and growth since the revitalization project in the early 2000s. The boom of the technology industry has moved young high-tech professionals and high-income couples from neighboring areas of Menlo Park and Palo Alto.
“East Palo Alto’s recent significant growth and proximity to Silicon Valley, one of the wealthiest and most expensive regions in the United States, makes it an ideal location for Kumon’s expansion,” said Larry Lambert, vice president of franchise recruitment at Kumon North America. “The demand for Kumon learning centers continues to be seen and we are excited to bring the Kumon Method to even more families in East Palo Alto.”
Kumon’s Presence in San Mateo County:
- 3,406 subjects enrolled at 11 centers
- First center opened in 1982
The Kumon Method empowers children to become self-learners and is designed to advance children’s math and reading skills while fostering a love for learning. Kumon sparks critical thinking, establishes a pattern of success and builds confidence that can lead to accelerated learning throughout life.
To learn more about the Kumon franchise opportunity, visit kumonfranchise.com.
About Kumon Math & Reading Centers:
Kumon is an after-school math and reading enrichment program that unlocks the potential of children in preschool through high school, so they can achieve more on their own. The learning method uses an individualized approach that helps children develop a solid command of math and reading skills. Visit www.kumon.com to learn more.
About the Kumon Franchise Business
Kumon is an ideal small business for professionals. Kumon Franchisees must have a four-year college degree, be proficient in math and reading and have investment capital of $70,000 and a net worth of at least $150,000. Founded in 1958, Kumon has four million students enrolled in 26,000 learning centers in 49 countries and regions. Kumon North America is headquartered in Teaneck, NJ.
SOURCE Kumon North America
254 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (2 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (5 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (4 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (3 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)