- Sub Headline: Local lawn and landscaping expert Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids donates power seeding services to Wilcox Park after Fall Fury CX Event causes lawn damage.
- City: Grand Rapids
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.lawndoctorsoutheastgrandrapids.com
- Listed: November 19, 2015 7:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 05, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Post-event cleanup after the Fall Fury CX bike race at Wilcox Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan usually involves debris pickup. However, due to saturated turf, the race caused the lawn significant stress. In response to the damage, family-owned and operated Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids donated a hundred pounds of seed and their power seeding services to repair approximately 32,670 square feet of land in Wilcox Park.
Fall Fury CX has been held in Wilcox Park for the past three years. This year, rain showers prior to the bike race left park ground vulnerable, and lead to unanticipated damage. Neighbors even contacted local news stations to express concern in the aftermath of the two-day bike event.
“Typically, Fall Fury doesn’t cause much damage to the park, but the rain waterlogged the area and left it extremely susceptible,” said Kendall Hines, Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids Manager. “This is a highly trafficked area with restaurants, breweries and businesses surrounding the park. We knew it would remain an eyesore to the local community, even into the spring, if this wasn’t addressed. So we had to do something.”
Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids, along with residents in the area, volunteered their time to clean the area of debris and restore the grass. Lawn Doctor used their proprietary power seeding technology to prepare the turf for healthy new growth come springtime. The park, while still heavily damaged, is now better equipped for a lush growth of grass after winter dormancy.
The bike race organizers came out to the park the next day to help fix the damage. “It was very much a joint effort,” said Hines. “And it’s clear that the Grand Rapids biking community is a tightknit group. They thanked us with 170 new Facebook likes.”
“As a family-operated business for more than 15 years, Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids contacted the event’s organizer to restore the park’s landscaping as a part of a community initiative,” said Scott Frith, CEO of Lawn Doctor. “The dedication of the Hines’ family and their drive to give back to their community is impressive. We’re very proud that they are part of the Lawn Doctor family.”
Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids offers custom lawn care solutions to residential and business consumers, including lawn services, pest control, and tree and scrub care. The company provides homeowners with the latest in lawn care technology and the company emphasizes customer service through its satisfaction guarantee.
For more information on Lawn Doctor of Grand Rapids, visit http://www.lawndoctorsoutheastgrandrapids.com/.
About Lawn Doctor
Lawn Doctor, the largest lawn care franchise in the country, is comprised of locally owned and operated businesses supported by a national brand. The Lawn Doctor family of approximately 500 franchises in more than 40 states uses proprietary technology and equipment, designed and built in Lawn Doctor’s NJ manufacturing facility. Backed by a 100 percent guarantee, the licensed services provided by Lawn Doctor help maintain and improve overall condition and appearance of customers’ properties, as well as protect health and comfort with mosquito and tick control.
For more information on Lawn Doctor, visit http://www.lawndoctor.com and http://www.lawndoctorfranchise.com.
SOURCE Lawn Doctor
139 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (50 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (41 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (83 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (80 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (73 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (70 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (70 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (60 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (52 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (52 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (52 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (49 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (41 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (41 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (40 views)