- Sub Headline: Engineering For Kids Ramps Up Strategic Growth in Windy City After 275% Enrollment Increase
- City: Fredericksburg
- State: Virginia
- Franchise URL: http://www.EngineeringForKids.com
- Listed: March 4, 2016 5:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 03, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) FREDERICKSBURG, Va. -Engineering For Kids (EFK), a leading supplemental education business designed to provide S.T.E.M. education and inspire students ages 4-14 by offering hands-on, discipline specific engineering activities, announced it is targeting the Windy City for growth. With four operating franchisees in the greater Chicago area, including two brick and mortar locations in Naperville and territories in Southern Lake County, Northern Cook County and Illiana, the company is looking to add four additional locations in the Chicagoland area through strategic franchise partnerships within the next two years.
Engineering careers are some of the fastest growing and highest demand careers available in the world today and inescapable in the future. Unfortunately, engineering is also one of the most abstract and challenging career paths a student can strive for. Due to a pent up fear of difficulty, students tend to steer away from engineering at a young age and grow up thinking they are incapable of considering engineering as a career choice. With a hands-on and entertaining approach to the learning process with EFK, the opportunity for success in S.T.E.M. is greater than ever before.
“As parents are increasingly introduced to the benefits of S.T.E.M. education and the career opportunities of the future, the demand for programs to provide their children with quality and exciting S.T.E.M. courses is being met with the growth of Engineering For Kids,” said Dori Roberts, founder and CEO of EFK. “We have seen a strong need for increased S.T.E.M. education throughout the Chicagoland area and are excited to provide this opportunity for enrichment to Illinois’ youth.”
According to the Illinois Report Card, the state has an enrollment rate of more than 2 million students, of which less than 50 percent are ready for college. With nearly 4,000 schools spread across 859 districts, the company is seeking franchise partners for territories, spanning from Algonquin to Joliet and Evanston to Newark, with specific interest in Elgin, St. Charles, Batavia, Lemont, Niles and Palos Heights.
Enriching the education sector since 2014, husband and wife duo, Monte and Krista Turnage, are the first franchisees to operate exclusively through schools, park districts and community programs. Currently, they operate out of more than 30 locations across Lake County, covering all four corners of the county and many locations in between. The Turnages recently starting offering classes at the prestigious Stevenson High School through a partnership with the Patriot Recreation Education Program (PREP); and they are proud to be operating in their home school district, Antioch District 34, offering S.T.E.M. programs at all K-5 grade schools. To date, the Turnages have seen a staggering 275 percent increase in enrollment, and are now looking to expand to keep up with demand.
“It’s really rewarding to know we’re impacting the lives of others in our community, especially in those moments when we get to see students connect concepts with real world problems,” said Monte. “Not only do I get to continue utilizing my engineering and business skills, but I sleep really well at night knowing that Engineering For Kids is playing a critical role in impacting the next generation of engineers.”
EFK offers a proprietary curriculum that is extremely diverse with many opportunities to learn S.T.E.M. through content and technology based programs. Some examples of content-based programs include aerospace, mechanical, environmental, civil and chemical engineering. Technology-based programs include robotics, electronic game design, software and hardware engineering. With international success in 21 countries, representing more than 250,000 students, EFK is bringing a plethora of knowledge and experience to youth around the globe.
To find out more about franchise opportunities, please visit www.engineeringforkids.com/franchising.
About Engineering for Kids:
Engineering for Kids offers over 300 lessons in 19 different curricular enrichment classes ranging from Aerospace, Chemical, Civil and Industrial Engineering. The lessons are aimed to help children ages 4-14 develop S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) skills using hands-on learning through fun and exciting challenges. Founded by Dori Roberts, the Fredericksburg, Virginia-based franchise operates across 145 locations in 21 countries, with plans to open 25 franchises in the United States each year. Workshops are delivered in after school programs, evening classes, in-school field trips, birthday parties, home-school programs, and more. For more information, visit http://www.engineeringforkids.com.
Elida Coseri, 847-945-1300
Engineering For Kids
Mike Cavanaugh, 540-940-2910
246 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (3 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (3 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)
- Couple Expands FASTSIGNS® Business by Opening Third Location in Johns Creek, GA (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)