- Sub Headline: Brand Visibility to be Elevated in Key Footprint, Campus Areas
- City: Milford
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.penn-station.com
- Listed: January 28, 2016 1:44 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 28, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // MILFORD, Ohio – Penn Station East Coast Subs gets an assist on the court from Learfield Sports as nine of the collegiate marketer’s university partners participate in an inaugural “Lemon-80” basketball in-game promotion.
Penn Station and Learfield tipped off the multi-year, college hoops-centric partnership for the 2015-16 season, providing fans free lemonade and the restaurant key brand visibility in certain collegiate communities to bolster store growth.
The restaurant chain, with more than 295 locations in 15 states, has a deep presence in the Midwest and Southeast. In order to capitalize on certain locations, Penn Station looked to Learfield for an affiliation to activate “Lemon-80” with the following university men’s basketball programs: Butler, Cleveland State, Duquesne, Eastern Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State, Missouri State, St. Louis University, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and VCU.
“Our signature, fresh-squeezed lemonade is extremely popular, and we wanted to leverage that among consumers and supporters of the university’s athletic programs in key markets and give them an extra incentive to visit their nearest Penn Station,” said Craig Dunaway, president of Penn Station East Coast Subs. “We were pleased that Learfield had the relationships exactly where we wanted to be on such a broader scope. We felt the loyalty and partnership among our brand and great universities could benefit everyone, including most importantly, our loyal consumers.”
The in-game “Lemon-80” promotion currently under way at these nine universities enables fans to receive a complimentary, fresh-squeezed lemonade at their area Penn Station East Coast Subs restaurant when the home team scores at least 80 points. Within the 24 hours following the conclusion of the game, Penn Station will honor the Lemon-80 promotion in-store as long as the customer mentions it upon ordering. In addition to the in-game/in-store promotion, throughout basketball season the brand receives use of marks to the respective schools and support radio and in-venue inclusions.
“We’re enjoying the opportunity to collaborate with Penn Station,” said Al Connor, Learfield’s vice president, national sales. “It was critical that we met their needs and delivered school relationships in their desired footprint to help match their business objectives. The Lemon- 80 promotion not only adds another fun aspect to basketball games for our fans, but it drives store traffic for our partner Penn Station.”
About Penn Station East Coast Subs
Founded in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1985, Penn Station serves a variety of grilled and cold deli sandwiches made to order with high-quality ingredients on freshly baked bread. The menu also includes hand-cut fries, hand-squeezed lemonade made throughout the day and chocolate chunk cookies baked in the restaurant. Penn Station was named the best sandwich chain in the Nation’s Restaurant News 2015 Consumer Picks survey.
Penn Station has almost 300 locations in 15 states including Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. All but one location is franchised, and Penn Station has a better-than 99.9 percent success rate with only two store closings over the last 30 years. As a franchisor, Penn Station is known for its outstanding profitability and return on investment.
Projections call for the opening of 25 restaurants nationwide in 2016. Penn Station is targeting Kansas City, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Virginia and Dallas for franchise expansion. For more information, visit www.penn-station.com.
About Learfield Sports
The company is a leader in collegiate sports marketing. In addition to managing multimedia and sponsorship rights for more than 120 collegiate programs, Learfield titles the prestigious Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup with award co-founders NACDA and USA Today. Representing collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas for their respective rights and sponsorship initiatives, Learfield offers these partners with professional concessions and ticket sales, licensing and trademark consulting, digital platform expertise and venue and technology systems through its owned companies. To learn more about its history, businesses and job opportunities, visit www.learfieldsports.com.
SOURCE Penn Station East Coast Subs
Penn Station East Coast Subs
136 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (1 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® ANNOUNCES FURTHER GLOBAL EXPANSION PLANS WITH FOCUS ON SOUTHEAST ASIA (1 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- For Signal 88 Security Franchise Owners, Providing Peace of Mind is Personal (1 views)