Liberty Tax Service Commits up to $250,000 in Free Tax Books and Learning for Police Officers and Their Families
- Sub Headline: Gift Is an Extension of Services Franchise Currently Offers to Honor Public Safety Officers
- Franchise URL: http://www.LibertyTax.com
- Listed: July 23, 2016 11:29 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (FranchisePOD.com) July 21, 2016 – Liberty Tax, Inc. (NASDAQ: TAX) Liberty Tax Service, a leading tax preparation franchise, will provide up to $250,000 in free books to police officers and their immediate family members who enroll in the franchise’s Tax Course* being offered at locations across the country this fall. Liberty Tax Service seeks to make the tuition-free Tax Course and the job opportunities it offers even more accessible to those who protect and serve our communities.
“Recent events have reminded all of us of the difficult and necessary duty police officers perform in our communities,” said Liberty Tax Founder and CEO John T. Hewitt. “While this gesture is small, our purpose is large — to invite officers and their family members, at no cost, to consider the excellent career opportunities that are open and available to them in the tax industry. Perhaps this is an opportunity to serve our fellow Americans in another way — by helping them navigate the complex tax code.”
For years, Liberty Tax Service has offered the Tax Course as a way to help individuals properly prepare their own taxes and to learn to provide the service for others. The Tax Course is led by skilled instructors who walk students through the basics of tax preparation then take them deeper into exemptions and deductions and Tax Schedules as they learn to manage difficult tax situations and prepare more complex tax returns. The 10-week Tax Course is offered during the daytime and in the evening to attract students from all walks of life. The course helps with the understanding of tax preparation, but some states have additional requirements for tax preparers.
The Tax Course is offered at no cost to students, but in some states students pay a fee for books and supplies. Liberty Tax will cover that book fee for up to 2,000 Tax Course students who are officers or immediate family members of police officers.
The free books are an extension of services several Liberty Tax franchisees already provide to members of the public safety community. Each year police, fire fighters and other public safety officers receive free tax preparation services during Public Safety Appreciation Week, which is designed to honor and respect those who keep us safe. During the upcoming tax season, participating Liberty Tax franchisees will offer free tax preparation for police officers during the entire month of March.
Liberty Tax Service offers professional tax preparation services for individuals and businesses and is a proud participant in the communities in which it serves. Our franchisees are active in their communities, hosting fundraisers for local events, serving on community boards and engaging the community as neighbors and business people.
About Liberty Tax, Inc.
Founded in 1997 by CEO John T. Hewitt, Liberty Tax, Inc. (NASDAQ: TAX) is the parent company of Liberty Tax Service. Liberty Tax is one of the fastest-growing tax preparation franchises and has prepared nearly 22 million individual income tax returns in more than 4,400 offices and online. Liberty Tax’s online services are available through eSmart Tax, Liberty Online and DIY Tax, and are all backed by the tax professionals at Liberty Tax locations and its nationwide network of approximately 21,000 seasonal tax preparers. Liberty Tax also supports local communities with fundraising endeavors and contributes as a national sponsor for many charitable causes. For a more in-depth look, visit Liberty Tax Service and interact with Liberty Tax on Twitter and Facebook.
Chief Marketing Officer
Liberty Tax Service
515 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (1 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (1 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (1 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- Shell Shack – Signs 8 Unit Franchise Agreement in one of the Top 10 Restaurant Markets (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (1 views)
- Debra Sawyer: Successfully Bringing a Woman’s Touch to Sport Clips’ Guy-Themed Concept (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CEO Catherine Monson Joins Idealliance Board of Directors (1 views)