- Sub Headline: Collaborative, Client-Centered Psychotherapy Franchise Offers Unique Certification Program for Psychotherapeutic Yoga – Yoga for Your Brain
- City: Dallas
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.WeFixBrains.com
- Listed: March 1, 2016 2:41 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 01, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // DALLAS – The Lifeologie Institute School for Psychotherapeutic Yoga, or LISPY, is launching its first 200-hour advanced psychotherapeutic yoga training module on April 1, 2016. The only program of its kind, LISPY is educating yoga instructors and psychotherapists on the benefits of integrating the ancient practice of yoga and its principles into western approaches to mental health care.
Though yoga is practiced by 20 million Americans and taught by more than 70,000 certified yoga teachers, only recently has there been an organized movement to incorporate yoga principles into psychotherapy. The integration of yoga with more traditional psychotherapy practices is giving yoga instructors an opportunity to advance their careers within this dynamic field while offering psychotherapy clients an innovative and effective approach to mental health care. The Lifeologie Institute is an early adopter of psychotherapeutic yoga, having launched its psychotherapeutic yoga program in 2012 at its four Dallas-Ft. Worth offices.
“Sometimes traditional therapy is not enough,” said Melanie Wells, founder and Clinical Director of the Lifeologie Institute. “Research in brain physiology and neurobiology is showing that prolonged anxiety, trauma and depression can reprogram the brain to sustain a prolonged cycle of distress. Psychotherapeutic yoga helps interrupt this cycle by coupling whole body strengthening, breathing exercises and meditation, along with western medical principles, to help heal the effects of trauma and other psychological conditions. Yoga for your brain is a game-changer.”
Psychotherapeutic yoga training utilizes eastern and western concepts of medicine along with specific yogic concepts and techniques to address a number of mental and emotional conditions. Training focuses on the powerful relationship between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, or the body’s “fight or flight” response, allowing individuals to regain control of their nervous system. Lifeologie’s psychotherapeutic yoga program has helped clients with a wide variety of diagnoses, including depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, eating disorders, trichotillomania, insomnia and ADHD, among other mental health conditions.
The LISPY program is extensive and challenging. Presented in modules (some of which can be taken as stand-alones), the program requires 600 hours of coursework and workshops and 400 hours of supervised face-to-face client contact. The first module is completed over 10 weekend sessions of 20 hours each, covering an array of disciplines including anatomy and psychology, neurobiology, Vinyasa Krama, energetics, philosophy, Pranayama, meditation and mindfulness and philosophy and ethics.
LISPY 1000 hour students are provided the opportunity to train with and learn from Licensed Professional Counselors with over 30 years of experience in the field of psychotherapy. “After going through our training, LISPY-certified yoga therapists will understand the power of yogic principles, how to responsibly implement them with patients, and have a deeper understanding of yoga as it relates to mental health treatment,” added Laura Abbot-Coan, LISPY program director.
LISPY’s 200 hour advanced psychotherapeutic yoga training, Module I, begins April 1, 2016, in Dallas. For more information about The Lifeologie Institute School for Psychotherapeutic Yoga, call (214) 357-4001 or visit the LISPY website.
About The Lifeologie Institute
Lifeologie opened its doors in Dallas, Texas in 1999. A multi-specialty community of therapists who are committed to a collaborative, client-centered approach, Lifeologie offers clients creative solutions to stuck problemstm. The company began franchising in 2015 as the Lifeologie Institute under the direction of franchise founders, Melanie Wells, LPC, LMFT and Deanne Moore, LPC, LMFTA. Lifeologie offers a wide range of fee options and flexible scheduling in a creative, collaborative, client-centered environment. In addition to offering optimal client care in multiple specialty areas, the Lifeologie Institute serves as a training facility where LPC and LMFT approved supervisors work together to train licensed professional counselors (LPCs), licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) and licensed chemical dependency counselors (LCDCs), as well as graduate level student interns working toward their masters in counseling. For more information, visit http://wefixbrains.com.
SOURCE The Lifeologie Institute
(O) 847.945.1300, ext. 232
224 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (7 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (5 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (4 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircuts ranked #9 in Entrepreneur “Franchise 500” (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)