- Sub Headline: Mac Tools is No. 1 – again. For the second straight year, Mac Tools has been named No. 1 Top New Franchise by Entrepreneur.com
- City: Columbus
- State: Ohio
- Listed: December 8, 2015 12:20 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
COLUMBUS, OH (FranchisePOD.com) December 08, 2015 – Mac Tools®, an International company with distributors and franchisees in the United States, Europe, Canada and Japan, has been named the No. 1 Top New Franchise for the second straight year by Entreprenuer.com.
The ranking lists businesses that began franchising since 2010 – Mac Tools started in 2011 – and comes from submissions for Entrepreneur’s 2015 Franchise 500. “It feels very good to be recognized for all the hard work that we have put in,” Mac Tools Director of Sales Mike Button said about the second consecutive No. 1 ranking. “We are putting forth an extraordinary effort, and it is all directed back toward our franchisees and distributors, which is our core. It is an honor and is doing wonderful things for us in the world of (public relations). People are taking notice.”
Mac Tools has experienced steady – if not, at times, explosive growth over the past five years.
Starting in 2011, Mac Tools moved from distributorships to franchisees. That first year, Mac Tools had 108 total franchises worldwide. That overall number more than doubled in 2012, when Mac Tools grew to 234 franchises, including the first 14 in Canada. It was 2013 when the Mac Tools exploded, adding 408 new franchises and was ranked No. 3 by Entrepreneur. Another 111 joined in 2014 – when Mac Tools was first ranked No. 1. Today, Mac Tools President Brett Shaw oversees 856 franchises – 609 in the U.S., 138 internationally, 104 in Canada and five company-owned.
Button said exposure received through online/magazine rankings attract the independent, entrepreneurial-spirited individuals Mac Tools is targeting. “We had a (franchisee) who started in 2013 who was an investment banker and was approving and processing loans for small businesses,” Button said of Dave Sceva, who is a franchisee in the Columbus, Ohio area. “When he approached Mac Tools to become a distributor, we thought, ‘wow, this doesn’t fit our model at all. Today, he is currently a platinum-level distributor and in the top 100 in our company. We would not have found him if we didn’t have things like Entrepreneur.com supporting our name and brand out there.”
Mac Tools was also ranked in the top 100 by Entrepreneur.com in the following categories: Top Home based/Mobile (No. 12), Fastest Growing (No. 17), Franchise 500 (No. 77) and America’s Top Global (No. 82).
The “Home based/Mobile” ranking was the first time that Mac Tools cracked the Top 100.
“I think it is very important that the world knows we are a home based, mobile business,” Button said. You see more and more people that not only want to try to be an entrepreneur, but they want to be able to do it from their home … With Mac Tools, you can do that. The No. 77 “Franchise 500” ranking is just the start”, Button said. “Steady growth is what we are looking for,” Button said, “and our goal is to double this business over the next three to five years. With that will come the rankings.”
About Mac Tools
Mac Tools is a division of Stanley Black & Decker, the largest tool company in the world. Mac Tools has a product line in excess of 42,000 items, and uses the direct sales approach with a mobile sales force of distributors. The Mac Tools philosophy of excellent quality, price and service remains unchanged since their start in 1938. And, the company spirit that made them successful in 1938 is the same spirit that makes their tools and team “Great to Work With™”.
If you would like to learn more about being a Mac Tools franchisee call 877-MacTools (622-8665).
SOURCE Mac Tools
Robert M. Graham
US Media International
454 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (2 views)