- City: Montreal
- Country: Canada
- Listed: November 20, 2015 3:31 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 17, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // Mad Science Group Inc., in collaboration with RubeGoldberg Inc., has launched the Elementary School Rube Goldberg Machine Contest®. A Rube Goldberg Machine™ is a comically involved, complicated invention, laboriously contrived to perform a simple task. This year the task is “open an umbrella”.
Students, led by a teacher as team administrator, will join forces to build a Rube Goldberg Machine™ and compete to win monetary prizes for their schools. The contest is open to elementary school students (grades K-6, ages 5-12), and is designed to incorporate science, engineering, technology, math and art, as well as team building and problem solving skills. It allows students to apply the STEM and STEAM concepts that they have learned in the classroom to design, build, and test their machines.
Jennifer George, the granddaughter of Rube Goldberg and head of Rube Goldberg, Inc. says of the partnership: “I am thrilled to be partnering with the Mad Science Group Inc. on the Elementary School Rube Goldberg Machine Contest®. After all, it’s never too soon to start engaging young minds in creative problem-solving. And who better to bring my grandfather’s legacy of laughter and invention to elementary school students than Mad Science, represented across the United States, Canada and 22 countries around the world!” Mad Science’s Director of Research and Development, Sharon King added “Invention is such a natural extension of children’s curiosity. Engaging young children in the Elementary School Rube Goldberg Machine Contest® provides schools with a fun, innovative means to get hands on with STEM and 21st century skills. We are thrilled to partner with Rube Goldberg Inc. to launch this new initiative.”
The contest will run in the US, Canada, and select countries internationally.
For additional information visit rubegoldberg.madscience.org.
About Mad Science®
Mad Science® is the world’s leading science enrichment provider delivering unique, entertaining and educational hands-on science experiences for children. Mad Science Group Inc. has locations in 24 countries around the world, which bring science education to millions of children each year. Our innovative programs help kids learn about science through our fun after-school programs, preschool programs, in-class workshops, camps, birthday parties and special events.
For over 30 years, we have invested in research and development and continue to do so. We believe in the importance of being at the forefront of our industry and continue to create science programming for kids. Our approach to teaching science invites children to pursue STEM careers. We encourage parents, teachers and schools to contact a Mad Science® location near you to find out more about services in your community by visiting www.madscience.org.
About Rube Goldberg and Rube Goldberg Inc.
Rube Goldberg (1883-1970) was a Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist best known for his zany invention cartoons. He was born in San Francisco on the 4th of July, 1883 – and graduated from U. Cal Berkeley with a degree in engineering. His first job at the San Francisco Chronicle led to early success, but it wasn’t until he moved to NYC and began working for Hearst publications that he became a household name. Rube Goldberg is the only person ever to be listed in the Merriam Webster Dictionary as an adjective. It’s estimated that he did a staggering 50,000 cartoons in his lifetime.
Rube Goldberg, Inc. is dedicated to keeping laughter and invention alive through the legacy ofis dedicated to keeping laughter and invention alive through the legacy of its namesake. Annual competitions, image licensing, merchandising, and museum and entertainment opportunities continue to grow and enhance the brand. At the helm is Rube’s granddaughter, Jennifer George, whose best-selling book on her grandfather, The Art of Rube Goldberg, is now in its fourth printing.
RGI is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 dedicated to promoting STEM & STEAM education for students of all ages. Learn more at www.rubegoldberg.com
SOURCE Mad Science®
Mad Science Group Inc.
(514) 344-4181 Ext. 109
123 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (7 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (5 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (3 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)