- Sub Headline: Marco's Hires 20-Year Army Veteran as Vice President to Oversee Recruitment Initiative
- Franchise URL: http://www.marcos.com
- Listed: May 20, 2016 9:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
TOLEDO, OH (FranchisePOD.com) May 19, 2016 – Marco’s Pizza® has a strong history of supporting U.S. veterans, and the iconic pizza franchise has now formally committed to being an employer of choice for veterans through the launch of a veterans recruiting initiative. U.S. Army veteran Scott Quagliata will oversee the program as Vice President, Veterans Program and Recruitment.
“We want to make sure that veterans know that Marco’s has wonderful leadership and ownership opportunities for them,” said Quagliata, who served in several leadership positions during his 20-year Army career, including Deputy Commanding Officer. “Successful franchisees understand and adhere to operational standards. Veterans make great franchisees; there is a direct correlation between success in the military and success in business.”
Marco’s Pizza has a history of giving back to the men and women who have given so much to our country, and this initiative formalizes a recruiting program to specifically reach U.S. veterans. Entrepreneur magazine ranks Marco’s Pizza among the Top Franchises for Veterans, and the brand is a proud participant in the International Franchise Association’s VetFran Program — which offers veterans a discount on their initial license fee.
“We want to make sure that we’re not just giving jobs, but meaningful careers and meaningful lives to people so they can raise their families and make all their dreams come true — utilizing the Marco’s Pizza business model as just a tool in that quest,” said Bryon Stephens, President and COO of Marco’s Pizza.
Veterans’ military service helps them develop leadership and tactical skills that translate well to successful franchise ownership. “Our structured operating systems at Marco’s have a systematic structure, which offers a degree of familiarity for veterans. If you follow our processes, then your prospects for success are favorable,” Quagliata said.
Because of his extensive military career, Quagliata has connections within the U.S military system that will be extremely beneficial as Marco’s Pizza develops a formal recruitment process. The veterans program will roll out as a pilot in late spring and early summer 2016 in the Southeast, with initial recruitment efforts focusing on military bases in Columbia, South Carolina (Fort Jackson); Savannah, Georgia (Fort Stewart); and Columbus, Georgia (Fort Benning).
Quagliata attended Discovery Day last November with interest in becoming a multi-unit Marco’s Pizza franchisee in Virginia. Stephens spoke with him about his vision to help veterans by providing leadership and ownership opportunities, and the conversation quickly led to bringing Quagliata on board to develop and grow the veterans program.
“Several things attracted me to Marco’s: the quality of the product, the quality of the people, the organizational culture and the ability provide long-term career opportunities with life-changing potential to our veterans,” said Quagliata.
“The Marco’s Pizza veterans program will be an entry point into the franchise’s management pipeline,” Quagliata continued. “The long-term intent is that veteran candidates would go through the application and screening process, enter the program and rise through the ranks as general managers, go through the apprentice program and ultimately become Marco’s Pizza multi-unit franchisees.
“At Marco’s, we live our Cultural Beliefs every day. That’s apparent across the Marco’s organization, and it’s similar in nature to the service values with which veterans have lived,” Quagliata said. “There is a correlation for many of our cultural beliefs that will resonate with many veterans.”
Build your success on ours
Founded in Toledo, Ohio, in 1978, Marco’s Pizza has become one of the fastest-growing large pizza franchises in the nation. The brand’s homemade recipes and fresh ingredients are in the Italian tradition, and Marco’s is the only top 20 pizza franchise in the country that was founded by a native Italian. Marco’s is led by veteran pizza executives who have experience growing brands and supporting franchisees as they grow their businesses.
To learn more, visit www.marcosfranchising.com.
SOURCE Marco’s Pizza
Chief Development Officer
333 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)