- Sub Headline: President Bryon Stephens Goes Undercover to Learn More About Life Inside Marco's Pizza Franchise
- City: Toledo
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.marcos.com
- Listed: January 28, 2016 2:24 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
TOLEDO, OH–(FranchisePOD.com) – Jan 28, 2016 – The hit show “Undercover Boss” on CBS will feature Marco’s Pizza franchise President and Chief Operating Officer Bryon Stephens going undercover as a bearded employee named “Jay” during a special episode to be broadcast Jan. 29 (8 p.m. ET/PT).
The Emmy-winning show typically follows high-level corporate executives as they slip anonymously into the rank-and-file of their own companies to examine the inner workings.
Marco’s will be adding a new twist to this episode: The fast-growing pizza franchise will be hosting a live chat on Twitter (@MarcosPizza) and will respond in real time to any conversations using the hashtag #UndercoverBoss. In addition, until the airing of the episode, Marco’s Pizza locations will offer an “Undercover Deal,” in which consumers can join the Marco’s Pizza e-club to unlock a secret promotion.
“Our mission is for Marco’s Pizza to be the pizza of choice, the employer of choice and the business partner of choice,” Stephens said. “Everything we do revolves around that mission. Being on ‘Undercover Boss’ provided a golden opportunity to get an inside look from the perspective of the employee, the franchisee and the customer. The discoveries I made during the journey were eye-opening.”
During the episode, Stephens, disguised as a bearded, middle-aged man trying to map out his future career, works as a Marco’s pizza delivery driver, cashier and pizza maker, and he even loads trucks late at night at the company’s distribution center in Toledo, Ohio. Along the way, he gets a firsthand look at the business model’s strengths and challenges, as well as the personal and professional struggles of employees and franchisees.
Marco’s has enjoyed significant growth in recent years and is on pace to have 1,000 restaurants open by the end of 2017. The dynamic pizza franchise rolled out 130 new franchises in 2015 and has recently announced plans to open 150 more locations in 2016. Given these numbers, it should not come as a surprise that Marco’s Pizza has the fastest unit growth, according to Nation’s Restaurant News, which named the beloved pizza franchise as part of its Second 100 List. That list analyzes businesses that are smaller but are focusing on growing around the nation.
“We are opening new stores at a fast pace,” Stephens said. “Going undercover afforded me the unprecedented opportunity to expose issues and address them so that we can continue to grow smart. I also came away from this journey with an indelible sense of pride in our employees on the front lines. When it boils down to it, it’s about our product and the hardworking people behind it.”
Build success with Marco’s Pizza franchise
Founded in Toledo, Ohio, in 1978, Marco’s has become the fastest-growing large pizza franchise in the nation. The brand’s homemade recipes and fresh ingredients are in the Italian tradition, and it is the only top 20 pizza franchise in the country that was founded by a native Italian. Marco’s Pizza is led by veteran pizza executives who have experience growing brands and supporting franchisees as they grow their businesses.
To learn more, visit www.marcosfranchising.com.
Chief Development Officer
259 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (2 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (5 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (4 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (3 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)