- Sub Headline: President Bryon Stephens Goes Undercover to Learn More About Life Inside Marco's Pizza Franchise
- City: Toledo
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.marcos.com
- Listed: January 28, 2016 2:24 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
TOLEDO, OH–(FranchisePOD.com) – Jan 28, 2016 – The hit show “Undercover Boss” on CBS will feature Marco’s Pizza franchise President and Chief Operating Officer Bryon Stephens going undercover as a bearded employee named “Jay” during a special episode to be broadcast Jan. 29 (8 p.m. ET/PT).
The Emmy-winning show typically follows high-level corporate executives as they slip anonymously into the rank-and-file of their own companies to examine the inner workings.
Marco’s will be adding a new twist to this episode: The fast-growing pizza franchise will be hosting a live chat on Twitter (@MarcosPizza) and will respond in real time to any conversations using the hashtag #UndercoverBoss. In addition, until the airing of the episode, Marco’s Pizza locations will offer an “Undercover Deal,” in which consumers can join the Marco’s Pizza e-club to unlock a secret promotion.
“Our mission is for Marco’s Pizza to be the pizza of choice, the employer of choice and the business partner of choice,” Stephens said. “Everything we do revolves around that mission. Being on ‘Undercover Boss’ provided a golden opportunity to get an inside look from the perspective of the employee, the franchisee and the customer. The discoveries I made during the journey were eye-opening.”
During the episode, Stephens, disguised as a bearded, middle-aged man trying to map out his future career, works as a Marco’s pizza delivery driver, cashier and pizza maker, and he even loads trucks late at night at the company’s distribution center in Toledo, Ohio. Along the way, he gets a firsthand look at the business model’s strengths and challenges, as well as the personal and professional struggles of employees and franchisees.
Marco’s has enjoyed significant growth in recent years and is on pace to have 1,000 restaurants open by the end of 2017. The dynamic pizza franchise rolled out 130 new franchises in 2015 and has recently announced plans to open 150 more locations in 2016. Given these numbers, it should not come as a surprise that Marco’s Pizza has the fastest unit growth, according to Nation’s Restaurant News, which named the beloved pizza franchise as part of its Second 100 List. That list analyzes businesses that are smaller but are focusing on growing around the nation.
“We are opening new stores at a fast pace,” Stephens said. “Going undercover afforded me the unprecedented opportunity to expose issues and address them so that we can continue to grow smart. I also came away from this journey with an indelible sense of pride in our employees on the front lines. When it boils down to it, it’s about our product and the hardworking people behind it.”
Build success with Marco’s Pizza franchise
Founded in Toledo, Ohio, in 1978, Marco’s has become the fastest-growing large pizza franchise in the nation. The brand’s homemade recipes and fresh ingredients are in the Italian tradition, and it is the only top 20 pizza franchise in the country that was founded by a native Italian. Marco’s Pizza is led by veteran pizza executives who have experience growing brands and supporting franchisees as they grow their businesses.
To learn more, visit www.marcosfranchising.com.
Chief Development Officer
210 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (1 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (1 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (1 views)
- House Doctors of Somerset Commits to Another 10 Years (1 views)