Mario Lopez Helps Hot Dog On A Stick® Raise Funds For The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society At Lemonade Stomp-A-Thon
- Sub Headline: Iconic pop culture brand aims to "Stomp Out Cancer" in honor of its 70th anniversary by raising $70,000 for LLS this year. Fundraising efforts were kicked-off with a celebrity lemonade Stomp-A-Thon featuring Mario Lopez at Hot Dog on a Stick's Muscle Beach location in Santa Monica
- Franchise URL: http://www.hotdogonastick.com
- Listed: May 4, 2016 9:49 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 04, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // ATLANTA – Hot Dog on a Stick is 70 years old and to celebrate its platinum anniversary, is aiming to “Stomp Out Cancer” by raising $70,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). The iconic pop culture brand recently kicked-off its fundraising efforts with a celebrity lemonade Stomp-A-Thon featuring Mario Lopez of Extra and Saved by the Bell fame. At the event, Mario learned to stomp lemonade with LLS’ honored patient heroes including three year old Kylie, who was diagnosed with Leukemia just two days before her second birthday. Leukemia is the most common form of childhood cancer, but thanks to the cutting-edge research funded by LLS, there continuous to be hope. Kylie was put into a clinical trial for her particular type of Leukemia and she has fought cancer with a smile. She has been in remission since November 2015, but will continue maintenance chemo therapy treatment over the next several years.
Hot Dog on a Stick’s Stomp-A-Thon for LLS, held at its famous Muscle Beach location in Santa Monica, raised more than $15,000. The brand is calling on fans and friends to help reach the $70,000 goal. Donations can be made at http://events.lls.org/pages/home/stompathon. Another highlight of the day was Mario working in the famous beach stand making Hot Dog on a Stick’s famous stick items and serving customers.
“Kylie is an amazing little fighter and one great lemonade stomper too!” said Katie Hiller, mother of LLS Honored Hero, Kylie. “Hot Dog on a Stick’s Stomp-A-Thon was an inspirational and uplifting event and their fundraising efforts will help children like Kylie stomp out cancer for years to come. Please consider donating to their campaign to make a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients and their families.”
Kylie’s journey can be followed on her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KylieLynnBranch/?fref=ts
To find a Hot Dog on a Stick near you, visit www.hotdogonastick.com, or engage with Hot Dog on a Stick on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Notes To Editors
Additional photos of Mario Lopez at Hot Dog on a Stick’s Stomp-A-Thon for LLS are available. Please contact Kathleen Shaffer at (470) 388-6170 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Interview requests for Kylie and her mom are also available.
About Hot Dog on a Stick® – www.hotdogonastick.com
Established in 1946 in Southern California, Hot Dog on a Stick is known for its fresh, made-to-order hot dog on a stick and cheese on a stick products, hand-stomped natural lemonade, smiling customer service and its iconic bright striped uniforms. Hot Dog on a Stick provides customers with a fun all-American quick service restaurant experience, catering services for events, party packs, and fundraisers. Hot Dog on a Stick has close to 100 locations in the U.S. and internationally including Korea. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For franchising opportunities, visit www.hotdogonastickfranchise.com.
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – www.LLS.org
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society® (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world, provides free information and support services, and is the voice for all blood cancer patients seeking access to quality, affordable, coordinated care. Founded in 1949 and headquartered in White Plains, NY, LLS has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit www.LLS.org. Patients should contact the Information Resource Center at (800) 955-4572, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET.
SOURCE Hot Dog on a Stick®
244 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (5 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (3 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)