- Sub Headline: Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League (PFL).
- City: Frisco
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.ProfessionalFutsal.com
- Listed: February 4, 2016 6:53 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FRISCO, TX (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 04, 2016 – Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League. The PFL’s decision to partner with Cuban illustrates the league’s commitment to provide fans, communities, and partners with the highest quality sports and entertainment experience.
Cuban is an American businessman, investor, film producer, author, television personality and philanthropist. He is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures, and the chairman of the HDTV cable network AXS TV. He is perhaps most famous for his position as “shark” investor on the ABC television series Shark Tank.
“I couldn’t be more excited about partnering with and investing in the PFL,” says Cuban. “Futsal is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and it’s time to make it even bigger in the U.S. market. We are ready to introduce the best global brands and the world’s best players to our growing fan base and I’m thrilled to be part of the PFL.”
As FIFA’s only officially approved version of 5-a-side soccer, futsal is currently played in 198 of the 207 FIFA member associations across the globe with an estimated 30 million participants playing worldwide. It is currently supported by professional leagues on every continent except North America. Almost every global soccer star from Pelé to Leo Messi has credited futsal for being vital to their development. Many global powers including FC Barcelona from Spain’s La Liga already feature professional futsal teams in addition to their renowned soccer programs.
“On behalf of the PFL team; Brian Dick, Michael Hitchcock, Keith Tozer, Rob Andrews and Christie Nelson, I would like to express how excited we are to have Mark on board” said Donnie Nelson, co-owner of the PFL. “His vision and history of success in the arenas of sports, business and entertainment is truly unprecedented. Welcome to the PFL family Mark, the future is bright!”
The Professional Futsal League will begin play in 2017. For information about the PFL and franchise ownership opportunities, visit professionalfutsal.com.
187 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (4 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Donates $730,000 to Local Boys & Girls Clubs Through Community Day Event (4 views)
- V’s Barbershop Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Bennigan’s Serves Up ‘Summer Shenanigans’ (4 views)
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Celebrates Outstanding Achievements at 2016 Annual Convention (4 views)
- Shoney’s Ready to Show Dads Lots of Love, Fresh Food, Great Value, Friendly Service and FREE Pecan Pie on Father’s Day (4 views)
- Hotshots Sports Bar and Grill Opens New Franchise Locations in El Dorado, AR and Concord, NC (4 views)
- California Tortilla Adds Second Location in Central Florida, More to Follow in Fall 2016 (4 views)
- CycleBar® Collaborates With American Heart Association/American Stroke Association to Improve Heart Health (3 views)
- SONIC® Introduces New Loaded Cheddar Dogs, Expanding Offerings in New $5 SONIC Boom Box* (3 views)
- Anago Cleaning Systems Named a Top Low Cost Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine (3 views)
- Smoothie King Continues Aggressive International Expansion Efforts (3 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (3 views)
- Louisville KY Center Owner Don Harris Celebrates His First Year with Cottman (3 views)