- Sub Headline: Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League (PFL).
- City: Frisco
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.ProfessionalFutsal.com
- Listed: February 4, 2016 6:53 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FRISCO, TX (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 04, 2016 – Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League. The PFL’s decision to partner with Cuban illustrates the league’s commitment to provide fans, communities, and partners with the highest quality sports and entertainment experience.
Cuban is an American businessman, investor, film producer, author, television personality and philanthropist. He is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures, and the chairman of the HDTV cable network AXS TV. He is perhaps most famous for his position as “shark” investor on the ABC television series Shark Tank.
“I couldn’t be more excited about partnering with and investing in the PFL,” says Cuban. “Futsal is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and it’s time to make it even bigger in the U.S. market. We are ready to introduce the best global brands and the world’s best players to our growing fan base and I’m thrilled to be part of the PFL.”
As FIFA’s only officially approved version of 5-a-side soccer, futsal is currently played in 198 of the 207 FIFA member associations across the globe with an estimated 30 million participants playing worldwide. It is currently supported by professional leagues on every continent except North America. Almost every global soccer star from Pelé to Leo Messi has credited futsal for being vital to their development. Many global powers including FC Barcelona from Spain’s La Liga already feature professional futsal teams in addition to their renowned soccer programs.
“On behalf of the PFL team; Brian Dick, Michael Hitchcock, Keith Tozer, Rob Andrews and Christie Nelson, I would like to express how excited we are to have Mark on board” said Donnie Nelson, co-owner of the PFL. “His vision and history of success in the arenas of sports, business and entertainment is truly unprecedented. Welcome to the PFL family Mark, the future is bright!”
The Professional Futsal League will begin play in 2017. For information about the PFL and franchise ownership opportunities, visit professionalfutsal.com.
285 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (2 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (5 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (4 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (3 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)