- Sub Headline: Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League (PFL).
- City: Frisco
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.ProfessionalFutsal.com
- Listed: February 4, 2016 6:53 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FRISCO, TX (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 04, 2016 – Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League. The PFL’s decision to partner with Cuban illustrates the league’s commitment to provide fans, communities, and partners with the highest quality sports and entertainment experience.
Cuban is an American businessman, investor, film producer, author, television personality and philanthropist. He is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures, and the chairman of the HDTV cable network AXS TV. He is perhaps most famous for his position as “shark” investor on the ABC television series Shark Tank.
“I couldn’t be more excited about partnering with and investing in the PFL,” says Cuban. “Futsal is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and it’s time to make it even bigger in the U.S. market. We are ready to introduce the best global brands and the world’s best players to our growing fan base and I’m thrilled to be part of the PFL.”
As FIFA’s only officially approved version of 5-a-side soccer, futsal is currently played in 198 of the 207 FIFA member associations across the globe with an estimated 30 million participants playing worldwide. It is currently supported by professional leagues on every continent except North America. Almost every global soccer star from Pelé to Leo Messi has credited futsal for being vital to their development. Many global powers including FC Barcelona from Spain’s La Liga already feature professional futsal teams in addition to their renowned soccer programs.
“On behalf of the PFL team; Brian Dick, Michael Hitchcock, Keith Tozer, Rob Andrews and Christie Nelson, I would like to express how excited we are to have Mark on board” said Donnie Nelson, co-owner of the PFL. “His vision and history of success in the arenas of sports, business and entertainment is truly unprecedented. Welcome to the PFL family Mark, the future is bright!”
The Professional Futsal League will begin play in 2017. For information about the PFL and franchise ownership opportunities, visit professionalfutsal.com.
207 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (27 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (20 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (13 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (13 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (13 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (10 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (9 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (8 views)
- Hooters Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day with All-You-Can-Eat Wings (13 views)
- FASTSIGNS Company Facts (6 views)
- The Casual Pint Brings ‘Coffee Shop of Beers’ to South Carolina (4 views)
- From Soccer Dads to Business Partners: Window Genie of Thornton is Open (4 views)
- Lapels Dry Cleaning: The Future of Dry Cleaning Comes to Canton (4 views)
- SuperTots Sports Academy Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Orangetheory: Top Fitness Company Goes All Out For Weddings This Summer (4 views)