- Sub Headline: Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League (PFL).
- City: Frisco
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.ProfessionalFutsal.com
- Listed: February 4, 2016 6:53 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FRISCO, TX (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 04, 2016 – Mark Cuban has purchased a principal ownership stake in the Professional Futsal League. The PFL’s decision to partner with Cuban illustrates the league’s commitment to provide fans, communities, and partners with the highest quality sports and entertainment experience.
Cuban is an American businessman, investor, film producer, author, television personality and philanthropist. He is the owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures, and the chairman of the HDTV cable network AXS TV. He is perhaps most famous for his position as “shark” investor on the ABC television series Shark Tank.
“I couldn’t be more excited about partnering with and investing in the PFL,” says Cuban. “Futsal is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and it’s time to make it even bigger in the U.S. market. We are ready to introduce the best global brands and the world’s best players to our growing fan base and I’m thrilled to be part of the PFL.”
As FIFA’s only officially approved version of 5-a-side soccer, futsal is currently played in 198 of the 207 FIFA member associations across the globe with an estimated 30 million participants playing worldwide. It is currently supported by professional leagues on every continent except North America. Almost every global soccer star from Pelé to Leo Messi has credited futsal for being vital to their development. Many global powers including FC Barcelona from Spain’s La Liga already feature professional futsal teams in addition to their renowned soccer programs.
“On behalf of the PFL team; Brian Dick, Michael Hitchcock, Keith Tozer, Rob Andrews and Christie Nelson, I would like to express how excited we are to have Mark on board” said Donnie Nelson, co-owner of the PFL. “His vision and history of success in the arenas of sports, business and entertainment is truly unprecedented. Welcome to the PFL family Mark, the future is bright!”
The Professional Futsal League will begin play in 2017. For information about the PFL and franchise ownership opportunities, visit professionalfutsal.com.
253 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (4 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Columbia Daily Tribune: Private Security Industry Grows in Columbia as Population Rises (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)