- Sub Headline: Here's a quick look at common electrical trouble spots in your home and the best ways to fix them, from the electricians at Mister Sparky.
- Franchise URL: http://www.MisterSparky.com
- Listed: May 17, 2016 11:10 am
- Expires: 20 days, 7 hours
SARASOTA, Fla. (FranchisePOD.com) May 17, 2016 – A recent survey by Mister Sparky® found that only 25% of homeowners immediately call an electrical professional for help when they have an electrical problem at home. The rest try to fix it themselves or call a friend or family member. Electricity is an important part of our lives, but along with it comes some safety considerations. Each year during the month of May, the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) promotes National Electrical Safety Month, a time to raise awareness of the importance of safely dealing with electricity. The trusted professionals at Mister Sparky want to remind you of these potential trouble spots:
Overloaded electrical circuits can cause fires. Watch for these signs that could mean trouble: Warm or discolored wall plates, a burning odor coming from receptacles, and frequently tripped circuit breakers. If you have any concerns, call a licensed electrician.
According to ESFI, more than 3,000 home fires start in extension cords each year.1 Remember do not overload extension cords, keep outdoor extension cords away from water, and do not use extension cords or power strips with heaters or fans. These can overheat and cause a fire. Extension cords are intended for temporary use.
Arc-Fault & Ground Fault Protection
An arc-fault can be caused by damaged, wet or overheated electrical wiring or devices. Arc-fault circuit interrupters are affordable and can be placed on your breakers and receptacles to help protect against electrical arcs. GFI’s are used in areas like kitchens and bathrooms. According to ESFI, these should be tested monthly and installed by a qualified electrician. ESFI also recommends that all electrical systems have an inspection if the home is more than 40 years old, has had a recent addition or renovation, or a large appliance added.
For more information on electrical safety or to talk to a local electrical professional, contact your local Mister Sparky.
Mister Sparky® is currently ranked by Entrepreneur magazine as the #1 electrical franchise in the magazine’s annual Franchise 500 (January 2016.) Our trusted professionals offer customers on-time electrical services, replacement and repairs done right the first time with courtesy, convenience, cleanliness, competence and character. Mister Sparky is part of the Direct Energy family of brands. ©2016 Clockwork IP, LLC
SOURCE Mister Sparky
214 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Kidokinetics Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Coffee Beanery Announces Grand Opening of New Store at Baker College-Flint (2 views)
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Celebrates 79th Birthday in a Big Way (2 views)
- It’s Time to Celebrate with Domino’s® Weeklong Carryout Special (2 views)
- May is National Electrical Safety Month (1 views)
- N Zone Sports Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Grand Rapids named a 2016 CNBC America’s Star Franchisee (1 views)
- Franchise Businesses And Their Charities Are Honored At Annual “Franchising Gives Back” Awards Dinner (1 views)
- Kinderdance® Awards New Territory In South Carolina (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At Annual NPOA Conference February 2-4 (1 views)
- Decorating Den Interiors Announces Franchise Of The Year And Other Top Business Awards (1 views)
- Maui Wowi Gets Hot and Cold This Summer with Seasonal Offerings (1 views)
- Ziebart Corporation Announces Summer Event Tour To Support National Charity Partner Journey4ACure® (1 views)