- Sub Headline: Here's a quick look at common electrical trouble spots in your home and the best ways to fix them, from the electricians at Mister Sparky.
- Franchise URL: http://www.MisterSparky.com
- Listed: May 17, 2016 11:10 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
SARASOTA, Fla. (FranchisePOD.com) May 17, 2016 – A recent survey by Mister Sparky® found that only 25% of homeowners immediately call an electrical professional for help when they have an electrical problem at home. The rest try to fix it themselves or call a friend or family member. Electricity is an important part of our lives, but along with it comes some safety considerations. Each year during the month of May, the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) promotes National Electrical Safety Month, a time to raise awareness of the importance of safely dealing with electricity. The trusted professionals at Mister Sparky want to remind you of these potential trouble spots:
Overloaded electrical circuits can cause fires. Watch for these signs that could mean trouble: Warm or discolored wall plates, a burning odor coming from receptacles, and frequently tripped circuit breakers. If you have any concerns, call a licensed electrician.
According to ESFI, more than 3,000 home fires start in extension cords each year.1 Remember do not overload extension cords, keep outdoor extension cords away from water, and do not use extension cords or power strips with heaters or fans. These can overheat and cause a fire. Extension cords are intended for temporary use.
Arc-Fault & Ground Fault Protection
An arc-fault can be caused by damaged, wet or overheated electrical wiring or devices. Arc-fault circuit interrupters are affordable and can be placed on your breakers and receptacles to help protect against electrical arcs. GFI’s are used in areas like kitchens and bathrooms. According to ESFI, these should be tested monthly and installed by a qualified electrician. ESFI also recommends that all electrical systems have an inspection if the home is more than 40 years old, has had a recent addition or renovation, or a large appliance added.
For more information on electrical safety or to talk to a local electrical professional, contact your local Mister Sparky.
Mister Sparky® is currently ranked by Entrepreneur magazine as the #1 electrical franchise in the magazine’s annual Franchise 500 (January 2016.) Our trusted professionals offer customers on-time electrical services, replacement and repairs done right the first time with courtesy, convenience, cleanliness, competence and character. Mister Sparky is part of the Direct Energy family of brands. ©2016 Clockwork IP, LLC
SOURCE Mister Sparky
299 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (1 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Qualities of a Hero (1 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- Shell Shack – Signs 8 Unit Franchise Agreement in one of the Top 10 Restaurant Markets (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH, BRIAN TEJADA (1 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchisee Highlights the Brand’s Unique Approach to Keeping Communities Safe (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CEO Catherine Monson Joins Idealliance Board of Directors (1 views)