- Sub Headline: McAlister's Largest Franchisee Will Bring Five Locations to the Greater Des Moines Area, Marking the Brand's First Entry Into the State
- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Franchise URL: http://www.mcalistersdeli.com
- Listed: January 14, 2016 2:17 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ATLANTA, GA–(FranchisePOD.com) – Jan 14, 2016 – McAlister’s Deli®, a leading fast casual chain, announced today it signed a development agreement with their largest franchisee, The Saxton Group, to open five restaurants in the greater Des Moines area over the next several years. This development in Iowa marks both a milestone in the brand’s expansion efforts and its first entry into the state.
“Iowa is a key growth market for McAlister’s and teaming up with our largest franchisee will only elevate our presence not only in the state, but nationally,” said Jeff Sturgis, McAlister’s Vice President of Franchise Development. “The Saxton Group, with more than 30 years’ experience in the restaurant industry, brings a wealth of knowledge and history when it comes to expansion. We are confident this move will prove successful in the growth of the brand as a whole.”
Adam Saxton, Owner and Chief Business Officer of The Saxton Group, the largest McAlister’s franchisee, currently operates 63 locations in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri.
“This expansion is a huge step for the brand and something we are really committed to making succeed,” states Saxton. “Our goal is to build 100 McAlister’s locations in total through this agreement, and really growing the McAlister’s presence in the state of Iowa. We will begin looking for real estate opportunities immediately with the goal of having stores open in the Des Moines area by early 2017.”
The Saxton Group has engaged the services of Des Moines based CBRE|Hubbell Commercial to assist in locating McAlister’s Deli sites in greater Des Moines.
“CBRE|Hubbell Commercial is thrilled to be working with The Saxton Group as it brings McAlister’s Deli to the Greater Des Moines Market. I am confident the Des Moines marketplace will embrace the healthy, handcrafted food and genuine hospitality that McAlister’s Deli offers its patrons,” states Bill Wright, Senior Vice President CBRE Hubbell Commercial. “We will be seeking high profile locations that will make it convenient for customers to taste all the great food McAlister’s has to offer including sandwiches, spuds, soups, salads, desserts, and their Famous Sweet Tea.”
Technomic® has recognized McAlister’s twice in its Consumers’ Choice Awards for Chain Restaurants — in 2015 as top fast casual chain for pleasant, friendly service and in 2014 as the top kid-friendly fast casual chain. Franchise Business Review named McAlister’s one of its “Best Franchise Opportunities for 2015” in its Franchisee Satisfaction Awards, as well as a “Top Franchise” in 2014 based on franchisee satisfaction. In 2015, Nation’s Restaurant News named McAlister’s the No. 12 limited-service chain in its Consumer Picks Survey. FastCasual.com also recognized the brand on its “Top 100 Movers and Shakers” list of 2015. This year, QSR Magazine recognized the brand as one of the “Best Franchise Deals” and last year named McAlister’s to its QSR 50 list, ranking 13th for U.S. average sales per unit in 2013.
To learn more about franchising opportunities with McAlister’s, please contact (888) 855-DELI (3354) or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.mcalistersdelifranchise.com. This information is not intended as an offer to sell. We will not offer you a franchise until we have complied with disclosure requirements in your jurisdiction.
Founded in 1989, McAlister’s® Deli is a fast casual restaurant chain known for its sandwiches, spuds, soups, salads, desserts and McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea™. In addition to dine-in and take-out service, McAlister’s also offers catering with a selection of sandwich trays, box lunches, desserts, a hot spud bar and more. With numerous industry accolades, the McAlister’s brand has 337 restaurants in 24 states. The company is headquartered in Atlanta. For more information, visit www.mcalistersdeli.com.
About FOCUS Brands Inc.
Atlanta-based FOCUS Brands Inc. is the franchisor and operator of over 4,000 ice cream shoppes, bakeries, restaurants and cafes in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and 60 foreign countries under the brand names Carvel®, Cinnabon®, Schlotzsky’s®, Moe’s Southwest Grill®, Auntie Anne’s® and McAlister’s Deli®, as well as Seattle’s Best Coffee® on certain military bases and in certain international markets. Please visit www.focusbrands.com to learn more.
About The Saxton Group
The Saxton Group has been part of the restaurant industry for over 30 years. The Saxton Group has a rich history of multi-unit and multi-brand development. Initially a small operation with a single restaurant, the group has evolved into industry veterans and leaders with locations operating in four states. The Saxton Group is the largest McAlister’s Deli franchisee in the country, owning and operating over 60 locations. As one of Restaurant Franchise Monitor’s Top 100 Restaurant Franchisees, The Saxton Group is aggressively expanding the McAlister’s Deli concept. Through the years, The Saxton Group has maintained a family approach to business and takes pride in teaching every employee about the restaurant business from the ground up. The group is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit www.thesaxtongroup.com.
211 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The FASTSIGNS Franchise Corporate Leadership Team (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (3 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (2 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (2 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)