- City: Newport News
- State: Virginia
- Listed: December 1, 2015 10:31 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 01, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // Newport News, Va. – Handcrafted pizza and a unique art filled environment inspired by the history of Newport News and its commercial and military shipyard industry are just a couple of reasons to stop into Mellow Mushroom Newport News.
Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers is now open in Newport News at The Marketplace at Tech Center, 12090 Jefferson Avenue Suite 1500. This Mellow takes inspiration from the history of Newport News and its shipyard industry over the last 100 years, both commercial and military.
Asked what inspired him to open a Mellow, Owner Gray Nelson responds, “My wife and I had Mellow Mushroom for the first time in 2002 when we were stationed in Florida. At that first bite, I knew I wanted to open a Mellow.” He shares a close connection to the Hampton Roads area: “We were married at NAS Oceana, and we have been stationed at Newport News, Portsmouth, Norfolk and Little Creek.”
Mellow Mushroom is more than just awesome pizza; it is a state of mind. Nelson explains, “We have incredible food, beer, cocktails and atmosphere. We have a lot of Newport News on our walls and in our soul. We are here to give something of ourselves to our guests and our community. I am a military reservist so I have a great appreciation for what this area means to our country.”
Mellow Mushroom’s menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available.
All Mellow Mushrooms are known as places that provide an entertaining experience in a unique, artistically decorated environment, and Mellow Newport News is no exception. The east wall is a mural of a ship setting out for a maiden voyage, a dedication to the SS America that was built in Newport News in the 1930s. The Mellow ship is dubbed SS Newport News.
The entry vestibule has a collection of nautical flags set in recovered ship portholes. Guests can decipher the flags to uncover the meaning contained in the 12 portholes.
Behind the host stand, there is a ship full of pizza and beer. Overhead is the quote “Pizza, pizza, everywhere, and many beers to drink,” a take on the famous lines from Coleridge’s The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. But don’t fret – our albatross is alive and well.
The full service bar features a wide array of craft beers, an extensive wine list and fresh, handcrafted cocktails. Catch day-to-day sporting events on one of our eight TVs and every sports channel imaginable. There are two heated patios for outdoor dining.
Mellow is more than just craft pizza and beer; there is also craft apparel. House of Shroom style, Mellow Mushroom’s exclusive apparel line, is available for purchase in store. The full collection is available online at http://www.houseofshroom.com/.
The Mellow Mushroom is open seven days a week Sunday-Thursday, 11 a.m. to midnight, and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. For more information on Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, visit http://mellowmushroom.com/store/newport-news and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mellowmushroomnewportnews/.
About Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers
Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers (www.mellowmushroom.com) was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia. This franchise, operated under Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Inc., is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally owned and operated and provides a unique feel focused around great customer service and high-quality food. For more information on Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/mellowmushroomHQ, follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MellowMushroom, and follow us on Pinterest at https://pinterest.com/mellowmushroom.
SOURCE Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers
154 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (1 views)
- Sport Clips Has Locations in All 50 States (1 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (1 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® ANNOUNCES FURTHER GLOBAL EXPANSION PLANS WITH FOCUS ON SOUTHEAST ASIA (1 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)