- Sub Headline: Company Kicks Off Year With Milestone Store Opening; 2016 Plans Include 100 New Stores and 2,500 New Jobs Created
- City: Seattle
- State: Washington
- Franchise URL: http://www.MODPizza.com
- Listed: February 10, 2016 8:11 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
SEATTLE, WA–(FranchisePOD.com) – Feb 10, 2016 – MOD Pizza, the pioneer of fast casual pizza, today announced it has opened its 100th U.S. store, located in Downey, California. This year the company expects to continue opening new stores at an accelerated pace, doubling its footprint and bringing locations to six new U.S. markets, as well as the United Kingdom. With a current employee base of 2,200 MOD Squad team members, this rapid growth will create over 2,500 new jobs for passionate individuals looking to join the MOD Squad team in 2016.
“It has been an exciting journey on the way to our 100th store, as we have created not only a new and innovative way for customers to experience pizza, but a people-centric culture that fuels our desire to grow the MOD brand,” said Scott Svenson, co-founder and CEO of MOD. “We believe that a successful business can be built around its people, and we are excited that our customers share this belief and continue to support MOD throughout the U.S. We look forward to remaining on our growth trajectory of opening 100 stores per year for the foreseeable future.”
MOD’s 100th location is the 10th in the Los Angeles area, and is located at 8896 Apollo Way in Downey. As with every grand opening, MOD will be donating 100% of all pizza sales on opening day to a local, community based charity. For the Downey opening, MOD has partnered with the Brotherhood Crusade who are dedicated to supporting and improving the lives of low-income and underserved individuals.
Since the first MOD opened in Seattle in 2008, the MOD Squads have:
- Fired up 12.5 million pizzas
- Prepared 100,000 gallons of red sauce
- Spread 1.6 million pounds of cheese
- And topped it all off with donations of over $422,225 to more than 100 local non-profits
MOD currently operates stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Washington. MOD is a primarily company-owned concept, with a small number of highly experienced and successful franchise partners that have joined the company’s movement to be a positive force for good in the communities it serves.
To learn more about MOD Squad job opportunities and MOD Pizza’s mission of “Spreading MODness,” visit http://modpizza.com/join-mod-squad/ and http://modpizza.com/spreading-modness/.
ABOUT MOD PIZZA:
Seattle-based MOD Pizza is the pioneer of the fast casual made-to-order pizza segment, founded in 2008 by entrepreneurs Scott and Ally Svenson. MOD’s individual artisan-style pizzas are made on demand, allowing customers to create their own pizzas and salads, using fresh-pressed dough and signature sauces for one price. Pizzas are hand-cooked in an 800 degree oven in less than three minutes and salads are individually hand-tossed for each customer. The menu is rounded out with handspun milkshakes, house-made lemonades and iced teas, and local craft beers and wine.
With 100 locations in 14 states, MOD is committed to creating not just a cool place to eat, but an inspired place to work. The company was recently ranked seventh on Fortune’s annual ’20 Best Workplaces in Retail’ list, and has been recognized as one of the “Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” by Inc. Magazine, in addition to being ranked a “Fastest Growing Private Company” and one of “Washington’s Best Work Places” by the Puget Sound Business Journal. www.modpizza.com.
233 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Qualities of a Hero (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)