- Sub Headline: Car Care Experts Show How to Prepare Vehicles for Winter Weather
- City: Midlothian
- State: Illinois
- Franchise URL: http://www.moranfamilyofbrands.com
- Listed: December 9, 2015 6:22 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
MIDLOTHIAN, IL (FranchisePOD.com) DECEMBER 09, 2015 – Cold temperatures, snow and ice wreak havoc on our roads and our vehicles. Yet according to the Car Care Council, more than 70 % of motorists admit they don’t prepare their cars for winter weather! Car care experts at Moran Family of Brands, one of the nation’s leading franchises of transmission and general automotive repair, urge motorists to shape up their cars with 5 Winter Road Warrior Tips.
“If you don’t prepare your car for winter you can have breakdowns and accidents that could leave you stranded in miserable weather,” says Peter Baldine, President of Moran Family of Brands. “Take care of your car ahead of time and you will drive safely, get the best performance from your vehicle and avoid costly expenses.”
Five Winter Road Warrior Tips
1) Take Care of the Battery:
Winter temps cause a car’s electrical system to work harder, particularly with the increased power demands of heating systems, defrosters and windshield wipers.
Plus, the cold temps reduce a vehicle’s battery power by up to 50 percent. A car battery typically lasts 3-5 years, so keep track of the battery’s age.
Battery cables and clamps should also be checked regularly for fraying or corrosion. Battery acid corrosion appears as a white, powdery substance. Clean them with baking soda, water and a toothbrush.
2) Monitor Your Fluids:
Antifreeze – Drivers will want to keep their antifreeze/coolant mix at the appropriate levels to prevent the engine from freezing and reduce corrosion. A 50/50 mix will keep fluids from freezing at temperatures as low as -34 degrees.
Oil – Cold temperatures make motor oil thicker and creates unwanted friction in the engine. Consider using a lighter grade of oil in the winter months if you live in a cold climate. It’s best to check the fuel, air and transmission filters at the same time.
Gas – Keep your gas tanks at least half full during the winter months. This will decrease the chances of moisture from condensation freezing and block the flow of gas in the fuel lines.
3) Check Your Tires:
Winter temps cause the air in cold tires to contract and drop in pressure. Deflated tires will reduce the tread and the traction of the car, which can significantly increase the chances of sliding on icy patches.
Read your owner’s manual for suggested pounds per square inch and fill up at a local gas station to prevent sliding on the ice.
Having properly inflated tires will also save on gas mileage by as much as three percent.
4) Clear Your Car to See the Road:
Many people are in such a rush to get to their destination that they do not take the necessary time to clear the outside of their car and windshield.
Make sure wiper blades are in proper working order and free of cracking or deteriorating, and also monitor the levels of wiper fluid.
Clear all snow and ice from the windshield for proper visibility and from other parts of the car for the safety of other drivers.
Test defrosters and allow time for condensation to clear from the entire windshield before heading out on the road.
5) Create a Winter Weather Kit:
Car owners should keep an emergency kit inside their vehicle that includes a flashlight, jumper cables, cell phone charger, ice scrapper, snow brush, blanket, bottled water and dry food snacks.
Keep a supply of salt, sand or kitty litter to spread on the ground to gain better traction on icy patches.
Moran Family of Brands provides specialty products and services across three automotive brands and a total of more than 120 franchise locations nationwide. Automotive professionals at their Mr. Transmission stores can help prepare drivers for the winter season by repairing car transmissions and checking fluid levels and tire pressure. Milex Complete Auto Care centers can provide a comprehensive selection of automotive repair and maintenance services to ensure cars ready for winter months. Their services include oil changes, brake inspection, heating systems and steering suspension.
The Alta Mere brand offers a complete selection of high-tech retail accessories and installation options, including security systems, GPS tracking and audio and video systems. They specialize in remote car starters that enable motorists to warm up cars with the touch of a button in the winter without having to step outside. Alta Mere also offers winter weather kits as part of their customized line of products and accessories.
Alta Mere offers exterior services such paint protection which can protect cars from damage caused by salt added to the roads in winter. They also provide custom window tinting, which helps reduce the glare from snowfall accumulation during sunny days.
About Moran Family of Brands:
Moran Family of Brands is one of the nation’s leading franchisors of general automotive repair, transmission repair and automotive accessory centers. Based in Midlothian, Illinois, Moran Family of Brands provides specialty products and services in virtually every aspect of the automotive aftermarket through four individual brands and a total of more than 120 franchise locations nationwide including: Mr. Transmission, “The Professionals”; Alta Mere “The Automotive Outfitters”; and Milex Complete Auto Care centers and SmartView Window Solutions. For more information on Moran Family of Brands visit http://www.moranfamilyofbrands.com.
254 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (5 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (3 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)