- Sub Headline: Franchise Recently Broke Ground on First Transmission and Auto Repair Store
- Franchise URL: http://www.moranfamilyofbrands.com
- Listed: April 2, 2016 9:51 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MIDLOTHIAN, IL (FranchisePOD.com) MARCH 31, 2016 – Moran Family of Brands, one of the nation’s leading franchises of general automotive repair, transmission repair and auto accessories, announced plans to expand internationally with the addition of a Mr. Transmission/Milex co-branded store in Nigeria this year.
Moran broke ground in mid-March on their first foreign location, which will be in the Lekki Peninsula area of Lagos, the largest city in Nigeria. To this point, Moran has more than 120 franchised locations, all based in the United States. The new, 38,000 square foot facility in Nigeria will feature a central company headquarters, distribution center and the Mr. Transmission/Milex store. The location is expected to be completed within 7-9 months.
The franchise will be owned by Temi Adelu-Davis and her husband Glen Davis. The couple will also serve as area developers for the Mr. Transmission/Milex brand in Nigeria and will bring a total of 10 franchises to the country over the next seven years. Temi was born in Nigeria before moving to the United States and earning a MBA, while Glen owned an auto repair store in Houston for eight years. The couple relocated to Lagos last year to oversee the expansion efforts, but Glen continues to own the store in Houston, which has recently become a Milex location.
Temi Adelu-Davis first approached Moran two years ago about the possibility of bringing a franchise to Nigeria. She felt there were many significant opportunities in the country, which has several small independent car repair shops but almost no national chains that focus on repair. Most of the current service options are small, unskilled operations or large auto dealerships, which are expensive and place more of an emphasis on car sales than repair.
“The early response from the people in Lagos has been overwhelming since word has spread that an automotive repair and maintenance franchise is coming to the country,” said Adelu-Davis. “To this point, options for high quality, affordable car care has been extremely limited in Nigeria. Starting with the upcoming location in Lagos, we believe the Mr. Transmission/Milex stores will give citizens of this country unprecedented service options for their cars.”
Over the next several months, Adelu-Davis plans to hire skilled technicians and promote the upcoming store with a focus on speed of service and the warranties they will offer. With the lack of available options in the country, Adelu-Davis said it is not uncommon to see cars parked on the side of the road for a long period of time. Their Milex store will be able to guarantee an oil change within 30 minutes, while to this point the service can often take three hours in most locations in Nigeria. As word spreads about this new venture, Adelu-Davis has received strong interest from potential franchisees for upcoming stores.
“Expanding the Mr. Transmission/Milex brand internationally is a landmark achievement for the Moran franchise,” said Peter Baldine, President of Moran Family of Brands. “It is a validation of the growth and development Moran has experienced domestically and a major breakthrough for the future of the franchise. We feel there is a great opportunity for success in expanding to Nigeria, and we have tremendous confidence in Temi Adelu-Davis to lead our development in her native country.”
The Mr. Transmission/Milex operation offers a comprehensive selection of automotive repair and maintenance services. The Mr. Transmission brand specializes in repair and installation of a vehicle’s transmission systems and drivetrain components. Milex provides customers with preventative maintenance services such as oil changes, brake repair, and radiator and cooling systems and engine repair along with a full range of diagnostic services.
About Moran Family of Brands:
Moran Family of Brands is one of the nation’s leading franchisors of general automotive repair, transmission repair and automotive accessory centers. Based in Midlothian, Illinois, Moran Family of Brands provides specialty products and services in virtually every aspect of the automotive aftermarket through four individual brands and a total of more than 120 franchise locations nationwide including: Mr. Transmission, “The Professionals”; Alta Mere “The Automotive Outfitters”; and Milex Complete Auto Care centers and SmartView Window Solutions. For more information on Moran Family of Brands visit http://www.moranfamilyofbrands.com.
334 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (2 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS SIGNS OF SUCCESS: DOWNTOWN COUPLE EXPERIENCES BUSINESS GROWTH AND EXPANSION (2 views)