- Sub Headline: Mosquito Prevention Franchise Tells Communities How to Combat the Mosquito-Borne Illness
- City: Virginia Beach
- State: Virginia
- Franchise URL: http://www.mosquitojoe.com
- Listed: February 11, 2016 1:40 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. (FranchisePOD.com) February 11, 2016 – Mosquito Joe, a leading mosquito control treatment company serving residential and commercial customers nationwide, is helping communities across the country stay educated about recent outbreaks of the Zika virus. Through awareness and prevention, Mosquito Joe is looking to combat any potential problems in markets across the U.S.
“While Zika virus cases in the U.S. are few and far between at the moment, CDC officials warn that the virus could spread extremely rapidly if and when it hits new communities with mosquito activity,” said Mosquito Joe CEO, Kevin Wilson. “The concern is particularly acute in the South and Southeast, where high temperatures, high humidity and a propensity for standing water to accumulate create ideal conditions for Aedes aegypti, the mosquito that spreads Zika, to proliferate. We have already seen the Governor of Florida declare a State of Emergency in four counties.”
The Zika virus was first identified in 1947 in Africa, but it’s only in the last couple of years that cases of it have appeared in the Americas. Zika is primarily transmitted through the bite of infected mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of the virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes). Symptoms, while generally mild, typically begin two to seven days after being bitten by an infected mosquito and last for several days to a week.
In order to avert the issue, many Mosquito Joe franchisees are gearing up to start their seasons earlier in order to prevent these mosquitoes from hatching in the spring.
“To keep ahead of the problem in our clients’ local areas, they can try a number of prevention tips, including unblocking drains and gutters, avoid accumulating garbage, and shy away from allowing standing water to accumulate in outdoor containers such as in flower pots, tires and children’s toys,” Wilson said. “At Mosquito Joe, we utilize the best quality mosquito-control products on the market. Our barrier spray treatment protects our clients’ yards for up to three weeks and our misting systems can help provide a permanent solution to combat mosquitos.”
For those that have any questions about the Zika Virus and ways to combat it, they can visit the official Mosquito Joe website at http://mosquitojoe.com/zika-virus.
“As your mosquito control company, we’re dedicated to keeping you informed and educated on current news and information when it comes to health issues tied to mosquitoes. While most of the country is not in mosquito season right now, it is important to remember your usual mosquito control tips as you think about how to manage your exposure to the virus. The best way to prevent transmission of the Zika virus, much like with any mosquito-borne illness, is to prevent mosquito bites,” Wilson said.
About Mosquito Joe
Virginia Beach, VA-based Mosquito Joe provides mosquito control treatment to residential and commercial customers nationwide. Technicians are trained mosquito control experts dedicated to getting rid of mosquitos so people can enjoy being outside again. While each Mosquito Joe is an independently owned franchise that offers customers reliable and effective service from a trusted community member, it is also backed by a national network of technical expertise. For more information or franchising opportunities, visit http://www.mosquitojoefranchise.com.
SOURCE Mosquito Joe
No Limit Agency
+1 (312) 526-3996
262 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Famous Toastery and Dancakes Launch Holiday Character Pancake Art Campaign (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (1 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (1 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (1 views)
- House Doctors of Somerset Commits to Another 10 Years (1 views)