RICHMOND, Va. (FranchisePOD.com) May 26, 2016 – Tick populations are growing and each year, approximately 300,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with Lyme disease, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Now, a new species of bacteria, Borrelia mayonii, is causing greater concern, with far worse symptoms.
What can be done?
“Taking proactive care in the yard, and following CDC recommendations will be key for people and their pets this season,” says tick control expert Scott Zide, president of Mosquito Squad, the largest and most experienced home and commercial mosquito and tick control firm in the country. “We follow strict protocols and have specific tips that homeowners can implement to control tick populations for people and pets.”
Less than 4 in 10 Americans follow the CDC’s advice on avoiding ticks in the yard, according to a recent TNS Global Survey commissioned by Mosquito Squad. Pets can also suffer from tick-borne disease and carry infected ticks into the home.
“Thirty percent of people take no precautions at all to protect themselves and their pets, yet the tips are easy to follow and prevention is key,” said Jason Cameron, TV host and landscape expert.
Mosquito Squad uses the latest EPA-registered mosquito and tick control barrier treatments, larvicide and all-natural substances to eliminate mosquitoes and ticks from outdoor spaces. To maximize treatment results, Mosquito Squad experts urge customers to take an active role with the following tips:
CLEAR OUT. Reduce tick exposure by clearing out areas where lawn and tree debris gathers. Ticks thrive in moist, shady areas and tend to die in sunny, dry areas. Locate compost piles away from play or high traffic areas and separate them with wood chips or gravel. Don’t position playground equipment, decks and patios near trees.
CLEAN. Eliminate leaf litter and brush by cleaning it up around the house and lawn edges, mow tall grasses and keep your lawn short.
CHOOSE PLANTS. Select plants and shrubs that are not attractive to deer and/or install physical barriers to keep deer out of your yard. Check with your local nursery to determine the best choices for your area.
CHECK HIDING PLACES. Know tick hiding places and check them frequently. Fences, brick walls and patio retaining walls are popular hiding places.
CARE FOR FAMILY PETS. Family pets can suffer from tick-borne disease and also carry infected ticks into the home. Talk to your veterinarian about using tick collars and sprays. As with all pest control products, follow directions carefully.
CALL THE PROS. Professional tick control utilizes both barrier sprays that will eliminate adult ticks on contact as well as tick tubes. Strategically placed, tick tubes prompt field mice to incorporate tick-killing material in their bedding, effectively eliminating hundreds of tick nymphs found in each mouse nest.
About Mosquito Squad
With approximately 200 franchise locations nationwide, Mosquito Squad specializes in eliminating mosquitoes and ticks from outdoor living spaces, allowing Americans to enjoy their yards, outdoor living spaces, special events and green spaces. The Squad has been a proud supporter of Malaria No More since 2011. For more information, visit www.MosquitoSquad.com, www.MosquitoSquadFranchise.com and www.OutdoorLivingBrands.com.
SOURCE Mosquito Squad
312 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)