- Sub Headline: Ahead of Mother’s Day, Express Employment Professionals today released results from a special edition survey revealing the attitudes of working moms. When asked, “Would you work if you didn’t have to?", sixty-two percent of working mothers said “yes,” compared to 69 percent of working fathers who said the same.
- Franchise URL: http://www.ExpressPros.com
- Listed: May 5, 2016 6:46 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (FranchisePOD.com) MAY 04, 2016 – Ahead of Mother’s Day, Express Employment Professionals today released results from a special edition survey revealing the attitudes of working moms.
Respondents were asked, “Would you work if you didn’t have to?” Sixty-two percent of working mothers said “yes,” compared to 69 percent of working fathers who said the same.
In addition, Express released results from a survey of businesses on the treatment of parents in the workplace. Respondents were asked, “Do you provide maternity leave for the birth or adoption of a child?” Three-quarters (75 percent) of the businesses said, “yes.”
When it comes to paternity leave, however, the story is a little different. Just under half of the surveyed businesses (49 percent) provide paternity leave.
Many businesses do offer other benefits as well, according to the survey. Two-thirds (67 percent) said they permit working moms and dads to take advantage of flexible hours, while 26 percent said they provide other forms of benefits, and seven percent reported allowing working parents to telecommute.
“The working world has changed in many ways for parents throughout the years, with the increase in working mothers in the past four to five decades being the most dramatic change,” said Bob Funk, CEO of Express, and a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
“But as this survey shows, for many mothers and fathers—around a third—whether to stay home with children or work isn’t a choice they get to make for themselves. Understandably, this reality has led to an increased focus on the options and flexibility available to parents in the workplace.
“On behalf of the entire Express team, I wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!” added Funk.
The survey of 1,059 working moms and dads was conducted in May 2016.
The survey of 390 businesses, which are current and former clients of Express Employment Professionals, was conduced in April 2016.
If you would like to arrange for an interview with Bob Funk to discuss this topic, please contact Sherry Kast at (405) 717-5966.
About Robert A. Funk
Robert A. “Bob” Funk is chairman and chief executive officer of Express Employment Professionals. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the international staffing company has more than 760 franchises in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Under his leadership, Express has put more than 6 million people to work worldwide. Funk served as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and was also the Chairman of the Conference of Chairmen of the Federal Reserve.
About Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals puts people to work. It generated $3.02 billion in sales and employed a record 500,002 people in 2015. Its long-term goal is to put a million people to work annually. For more information, visit ExpressPros.com.
244 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (5 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (4 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (4 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (4 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (6 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (5 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (4 views)