- Sub Headline: Raleigh Bagel Artisan Takes Top Honors At First Ultimate Bagel Bake-Off
- Franchise URL: http://www.Brueggers.com
- Listed: May 20, 2016 9:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 20, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) DALLAS – Bruegger’s Bagels, known for its authentic New York-style bagels prepared in the traditional method using just five simple ingredients, has named its top baker in the company’s first Ultimate Bagel Bake-Off held during its annual conference at the William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh.
David Creighton of Raleigh, North Carolina, kettle-boiled and baked 12 varieties of hot, fresh bagels to perfection to claim the top prize, which included $2,000 cash, a trophy and a starring role in upcoming Bruegger’s Bagels training videos. Creighton, who surpassed bagel artisans from more than 275 other bakeries nationwide, has been with the company for 15 years and currently works at the Bruegger’s Bagels in Stonehenge.
“With so much talent in our bakeries, we knew this would be an exciting competition,” said Vice President of Marketing Judy Kadylak. “David is an asset to Bruegger’s Bagels, and now bagel artisans company-wide will benefit from his expertise.”
Creighton and two other top finalists faced off at Bruegger’s Bagels locations throughout Pittsburgh, where judges randomly selected a baker’s dozen to compare against the brand’s high standards for shape, appearance and proper baking technique.
The three-day conference also included keynote addresses from author and speaker Stephen Covey Jr., author and former commander of the USS Benfold Captain D. Michael Abrashoff, and author Jim Sullivan. President Paul Carolan opened and closed the conference outlining Bruegger’s road map for continued growth and success. The event concluded with an awards ceremony honoring top performers from around the country including Tim McNamara, another Raleigh native, who was named General Manager of the Year. Conference attendees also assembled and donated 36 bicycles on behalf of the Sarah Heinz House and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in Pittsburgh.
About Bruegger’s Enterprises, Inc.
Bruegger’s Enterprises, Inc. (BEI), a leader in the fast-casual restaurant segment, operates 275+ Bruegger’s Bagels bakeries in North America. Renowned for its authentic fresh-baked bagels, the chain also offers a wide variety of freshly prepared breakfast and lunch options made with high-quality, simple ingredients served with its unique brand of hospitality. Bruegger’s Bagels is dedicated to the communities it serves and supports charitable causes locally and nationally. BEI’s parent company, Groupe Le Duff, SA, is the world’s second-largest company in the bakery-cafe sector. Founded in 1983, BEI is headquartered in Dallas. For more information, please visit www.brueggers.com or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brueggers.
SOURCE Bruegger’s Enterprises, Inc.
24-hour Media Line: 817-329-3257
24-hour Media Line: 817-329-3257
237 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (4 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (4 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (4 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (6 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (4 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (4 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (4 views)