- Sub Headline: Raleigh Bagel Artisan Takes Top Honors At First Ultimate Bagel Bake-Off
- Franchise URL: http://www.Brueggers.com
- Listed: May 20, 2016 9:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 20, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) DALLAS – Bruegger’s Bagels, known for its authentic New York-style bagels prepared in the traditional method using just five simple ingredients, has named its top baker in the company’s first Ultimate Bagel Bake-Off held during its annual conference at the William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh.
David Creighton of Raleigh, North Carolina, kettle-boiled and baked 12 varieties of hot, fresh bagels to perfection to claim the top prize, which included $2,000 cash, a trophy and a starring role in upcoming Bruegger’s Bagels training videos. Creighton, who surpassed bagel artisans from more than 275 other bakeries nationwide, has been with the company for 15 years and currently works at the Bruegger’s Bagels in Stonehenge.
“With so much talent in our bakeries, we knew this would be an exciting competition,” said Vice President of Marketing Judy Kadylak. “David is an asset to Bruegger’s Bagels, and now bagel artisans company-wide will benefit from his expertise.”
Creighton and two other top finalists faced off at Bruegger’s Bagels locations throughout Pittsburgh, where judges randomly selected a baker’s dozen to compare against the brand’s high standards for shape, appearance and proper baking technique.
The three-day conference also included keynote addresses from author and speaker Stephen Covey Jr., author and former commander of the USS Benfold Captain D. Michael Abrashoff, and author Jim Sullivan. President Paul Carolan opened and closed the conference outlining Bruegger’s road map for continued growth and success. The event concluded with an awards ceremony honoring top performers from around the country including Tim McNamara, another Raleigh native, who was named General Manager of the Year. Conference attendees also assembled and donated 36 bicycles on behalf of the Sarah Heinz House and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in Pittsburgh.
About Bruegger’s Enterprises, Inc.
Bruegger’s Enterprises, Inc. (BEI), a leader in the fast-casual restaurant segment, operates 275+ Bruegger’s Bagels bakeries in North America. Renowned for its authentic fresh-baked bagels, the chain also offers a wide variety of freshly prepared breakfast and lunch options made with high-quality, simple ingredients served with its unique brand of hospitality. Bruegger’s Bagels is dedicated to the communities it serves and supports charitable causes locally and nationally. BEI’s parent company, Groupe Le Duff, SA, is the world’s second-largest company in the bakery-cafe sector. Founded in 1983, BEI is headquartered in Dallas. For more information, please visit www.brueggers.com or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brueggers.
SOURCE Bruegger’s Enterprises, Inc.
24-hour Media Line: 817-329-3257
24-hour Media Line: 817-329-3257
193 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (7 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (81 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (67 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (60 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (58 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (57 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (57 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (55 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (52 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (49 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (45 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (43 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (39 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (7 views)