- Sub Headline: Dublin, Ohio-Based Home Builder Marks 30 Years of Homebuilding and 20 Years of Franchising Experience, Rides Surging Demand for Low-Maintenance, Lifestyle Housing
- City: Dublin
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.epconfranchising.com
- Listed: January 19, 2016 4:17 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DUBLIN, OH–(FranchisePOD.com) – January 19, 2016 – Epcon Communities Franchising Inc. (Epcon) celebrates two important milestones in 2016: 20 years of franchising anchored on a rock-solid foundation of 30 years of homebuilding experience. These significant achievements will be celebrated at Epcon’s flagship national conference to be held in Columbus, Ohio, February 8-10.
Laying the foundation
The 38th largest home builder in the U.S. (“2014 Builder 100,” Builder Magazine, May 2015), Epcon and its Franchise Builders have sold more than 28,000 homes in the United States by focusing on an underserved niche: luxury, low-maintenance, ranch-style homes for consumers looking to downsize from their existing home. Co-owners Ed Bacome and Phil Fankhauser started Epcon in 1986 to build homes that would better meet the needs of home buyers in search of a beautiful single-story home at an affordable price. Demand was explosive, which inspired the pair to begin franchising their building plans and management systems to other builders. Today, the corporate entity is building Epcon Communities in Ohio, North Carolina and South Carolina, and working with Franchise Builders to help them develop Epcon Communities throughout the United States.
Epcon has developed communities across the country — more than 350 in 28 states — and it is now poised to meet an exponential increase in demand for low-maintenance housing. There is a huge mismatch between supply and demand for low-maintenance housing according to a 2015 research report by Metrostudy, a Hanley Wood company.
Where is that market demand coming from? The short answer: 75.4 million Baby Boomers. Metrostudy predicts that over half of the new homes bought through 2020 will be sold to consumers aged 55+.
Numbers to consider: Baby Boomers are doing better financially than other generations. According to a Nielsen study they constitute 41% of Mass Affluents, who are defined as households with liquid assets, excluding real estate, between $250K and $1 million.
Nailing the sweet spot
People in a variety of life stages are attracted to homes that work around their active social lifestyles. They may want to spend more time with family and friends, pursue travel and hobbies, or start a new business — they are no longer interested in spending their free time pushing a lawnmower or doing outside home and yard maintenance. In other words, they’re looking for an Epcon home.
Epcon’s time-tested home models have won satisfied customers for thirty years and Franchise Builders have taken advantage of this popularity by delivering exactly the kinds of lifestyle condominium homes that appeal to these buyers. Epcon’s building plans are designed to offer luxury touches while making the best use of space. Living space flows gracefully throughout the open floor plans, and natural light streams through windows that often face private courtyards designed for outdoor entertaining and relaxation.
The planning that yields these floor plans is impeccable, and that same level of care is reflected in the systems and tools that are available to Franchise Builders.
Epcon’s proven systems and efficient model layout plans deliver an unprecedented speed to market. Franchise Builders can take a home from “shovel-ready” to complete in 90-120 days. This means builders can potentially realize revenue faster and reinvest very efficiently.
The number of 55+ adults in the United States is expected to hit 100 million by 2020, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. By 2030, there will be approximately 132 million Americans age 50 or older. Crunching the numbers, it is clear that the demand for the kind of low-maintenance, active-lifestyle housing that Epcon delivers is expected to increase sharply over the near and immediate long-term.
“Over the past 30 years, we’ve mastered the concept of low-maintenance, lifestyle housing down to a science,” says Tim Rini, Vice President of Franchising, “Population demographics indicate that we’re just now at the tip of the iceberg in terms of demand. As we celebrate these important milestones in Epcon’s history, we’re ready to meet this underserved market with fast-to-market, winning home solutions for our Franchise Builders.”
Learn more about Epcon Communities Franchising
For in-depth details about the Epcon franchise opportunity, visit www.epconfranchising.com.
Business Development Manager
177 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (1 views)
- Floyd Mayweather Expands Business Empire, Announces Mayweather Boxing & Fitness (1 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (1 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)