- Sub Headline: 41 per cent of Canadians plan to watch the Super Bowl 42 per cent of those watching the game at home will likely order from a quick-service restaurant 41 per cent of those watching the game at home prefer pizza above other food choices
- City: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Franchise URL: http://www.pizza73.com
- Listed: February 5, 2016 10:36 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
February 01, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // EDMONTON, AB – A Leger poll conducted from January 18 to January 21 confirms that pizza is the preferred food choice for Canadians who are planning to watch the Super Bowl at a private residence. Forty one per cent of Canadians watching the game at home selected pizza as their food item of choice, followed by chicken wings (20 per cent) and nachos (3 per cent).
“It’s one of the busiest days of the year for us,” said Pat Finelli, Chief Marketing Officer for Pizza 73. “We do whatever we can to understand the needs of Canadians and through this process we’re able to offer new promotions and food choices that score points with our customers and sports fans alike.”
Each year, Pizza 73 experiences an important rush that starts a few hours before the game — as its call centres, store locations, website and mobile app receive a spike in orders. The company says it has the experience and resources to prepare for the increased volume.
“We’ve been preparing for months,” said Finelli. “Thanks to the dedication of our partners, staff and suppliers, we’ve implemented a variety of measures to ensure that our customers have a great experience.”
Chicken wings continue to be the perfect pairing for pizza, with 30 per cent of Canadians surveyed selecting them as their favourite side dish. In Quebec, French fries and poutine reign supreme with pizza orders, with 56 per cent selecting the potato-based treat.
New Fiery Red Hot Wings
To help football fans get fired up for the big game, Pizza 73 has introduced a new chicken wing sauce option – Fiery Red Hot Sauce, fueled by TABASCO® Sauce. Customers can choose to have Pizza 73’s traditional wings or boneless wings sauced and tossed in this extra spicy hot sauce. The sauce will become Pizza 73’s seventh wing sauce option on the menu.
“We wanted to ignite wing lovers’ taste buds and this new hot sauce, fueled by TABASCO® sauce, will bring your spicy meter into the red zone,” adds Finelli.
For customers looking to beat the game day rush, Pizza 73 suggests placing an order in advance using its website (www.pizza73.com) or mobile app. Orders can be placed up to three weeks in advance on these platforms.
About Pizza 73
Established in 1985, Pizza 73 aims to satisfy every customer by providing excellent quality food and true value in a fast and friendly manner. The company is a leader in the communities it serves and offers a broad range of menu items with 20 varieties of specialty pizzas, over 20 different toppings and four styles of crust (traditional pan, super pan, whole grain and gluten-free), and an assortment fresh side dishes including chicken wings, boneless wings, wedgies, dipping sauces and salads. Visit www.pizza73.com for more information.
About the survey
The survey was completed online January 18-21, using Leger’s online panel, LegerWeb, with a sample of 1,530 Canadians aged 18 and older. A probability sample of the same size would yield a margin of error of +/- 2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
SOURCE Pizza 73
238 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (1 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (2 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (2 views)
- Top-performing FASTSIGNS of Apopka honored with CEO Circle Award (1 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (1 views)
- Three local FastSigns recognized for top performance (1 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – The Ideal Franchise Candidate (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Urban Float Expands Into Houston (1 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)