- Street: 5150 College Blvd., Suite 204,
- City: Farmington
- State: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 87402
- Listed: February 7, 2017 9:45 am
- Expires: 81 days, 2 hours
New FASTSIGNS Sign Franchise Opens In Farmington, New Mexico
A local couple has opened a new sign franchise that aims to offer the “whole package” in business promotion.
FASTSIGNS, which will have a grand opening celebration Friday, is independently owned and operated by Kim Coufal and her husband, Mark. The new business is located in the Silver Ridge Plaza, across from San Juan College.
Kim Coufal, the company’s primary manager, worked for San Juan College for 10 years before she and her husband purchased the franchise. Her husband continues to work in the oil and gas industry. This is the couple’s first experience owning a business.
“My husband and I had been looking for many years for a franchise to purchase,” Coufal said. “We wanted a franchise that offered a lot of support and resources, and we also wanted to find something that was really needed in the community.”
FASTSIGNS, which has more than 600 franchises nationally and internationally, offered this type of support, she said.
The company designs and prints signs and other promotional materials, such as teardrop flags, menu stands and table wraps. Coufal said what makes FASTSIGNS different from other sign companies is it works with customers to provide comprehensive marketing ideas to communicate the customer’s message.
“We say that we’re more than fast, and we’re more than signs,” she said. “We understand that your business has a story to tell, and we help you tell it through raising your business visibility.”
But while the company caters to businesses, it can also work on smaller-scale projects. “If a mother comes in and just wants a birthday banner for a party, we can do that also,” Coufal said.
She said brand integrity is a large part of the company’s focus.
“We make sure the same colors and same designs are always used on the materials, so from items as small as business cards to the bigger signs, everything the customer sees is consistent,” Coufal said. “Many people don’t know what they need to be successful, so we work with them. It’s very individualized and tailored.”
FASTSIGNS designs and produces many promotional products in-house and works with other vendors for items that cannot be produced on-site.
The business, which opened Nov. 30 and started marketing itself about two weeks ago, already has about 50 clients and is growing, Coufal said. Her son-in-law, Luke Hawthorne, is the company’s graphic designer and product manager, and the business also employs a visual communications specialist.
The company has already formed relationships with other businesses in the Silver Ridge Plaza, including Munchies, a nearby sandwich shop that plans to open at the end of the week. Munchies will provide food for the FASTSIGNS grand opening. Visitors during the event can also enter a drawing for a $500 sign package.
“We’re really excited by how we’ve been embraced by the community,” Coufal said. “We feel blessed to have the opportunity to serve them.”
268 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (1 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (1 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- Shell Shack – Signs 8 Unit Franchise Agreement in one of the Top 10 Restaurant Markets (1 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CEO Catherine Monson Joins Idealliance Board of Directors (1 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)