- Sub Headline: Independent Lab Also Finds Chem-Dry’s Cleaning Methods for Carpet & Other Surfaces Remove Allergens and Bacteria for Healthier Homes
- Franchise URL: http://www.chemdry.com
- Listed: March 30, 2016 8:28 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 30, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Nashville – A new consumer survey confirmed that spring is the favorite time of year for home cleaning, with 45 percent of people cleaning during the spring season. But it turns out that spring cleaning is about much more than just organizing and de-cluttering. The survey found that one of the primary motivators for deep cleaning was to eliminate unhealthy elements from their homes. In short, people clean for their health.
Harris Research, Inc. (HRI), the parent company of leading carpet and upholstery cleaning franchise, Chem-Dry, recently conducted the independent national survey to determine the motivations behind cleaning habits and the importance of healthy home environments for families. The survey included nearly 700 participants, both men and women, ranging in age from 18-55 across various income levels around the country.
Key findings included:
- While appearance of the home and “peace of mind” were the two top cleaning motivators among all respondents, health reasons topped the list for women ages 25-34.
- Among that group, more than 30 percent reported “health of their family” and eliminating unhealthy elements such as bacteria and allergens as the top motivators.
- While 38 percent of people feel the air inside their homes is cleaner than outside, 46 percent feel that indoor elements like dust, pet dander and mold are major triggers for asthma and allergy attacks.
- Respondents reported allergies are a year-round occurrence, but spring was ranked by the largest portion of people – 31 percent – as the time of year when allergies and asthma most act up.
- Eight out of 10 respondents believe home cleaning is one way to effectively remove allergens and alleviate symptoms, and when asked what part of the home they focus on most to remove allergens, the top response was the flooring – carpets, rugs, tile and other flooring.
Health benefits of cleaning
In addition to the consumer survey about cleaning habits, HRI also commissioned an independent lab study to determine the effectiveness and healthfulness of Chem-Dry’s cleaning services. That study found that Chem-Dry’s proprietary Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) cleaning process removes an average of 98 percent of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery. In addition, when combined with a sanitizer, it removes an average of 89 percent of airborne bacteria in the home, dramatically improving indoor air quality. The allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen.
Further testing by an independent lab found Chem-Dry’s cleaning methods to also be effective against other common household health challenges and irritants. Results showed that Chem-Dry’s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.) removes an average of 99.9 percent of pet urine odors and, when coupled with its HCE process and a sanitizer, it removed an average 99.2 percent of bacteria from pet urine in carpets. The lab also concluded that, when coupled with a sanitizer, Chem-Dry’s tile, stone and grout cleaning process removes an average of 98.6 percent of bacteria from these surfaces, while its granite countertop renewal treatment removes an average of 98.4 percent of bacteria from granite surfaces.
“Clearly, there’s an increasing desire for not just a clean home, but a healthier home. Our study findings come at a critical time to educate consumers as we head into the peak spring cleaning season,” said Dan Tarantin, President and CEO of HRI. “Homeowners can eliminate harmful allergens, germs and bacteria from their home by supplementing the cleaning they do on their own and using a professional service three to four times a year that can provide a safe, deep cleaning. In addition to the health benefits of our cleaning methods that the independent lab study results showed, we’re proud that our core cleaning solution is green-certified so it’s safe and non-toxic for families and pets. ”
Tarantin noted that carpets, rugs, upholstery and other soft furnishings serve an important role in home health, trapping allergens and other pollutants and preventing them from circulating throughout the home. But, as allergens and bacteria build up in these surfaces, they’re more easily stirred up into the air unless they receive a thorough deep cleaning.
Founded in 1977, Chem-Dry is the world’s leading carpet and upholstery cleaning service with a network of 3,500 units in 50 countries serving over 10,000 homes a day worldwide. Its green-certified solution and proprietary Hot Carbonating Extraction cleaning process provide a deeper clean, allow surfaces to dry faster, and leave homes healthier. Chem-Dry has been ranked the number one carpet cleaning franchise by Entrepreneur magazine for 28 consecutive years, is listed as the No. 42 top franchise in the 2016 Franchise 500 list, and has also been featured in the magazine’s Top Home-Based Franchises list among the top 10 concepts for 19 consecutive years. For more information about Chem-Dry or to find a local operator, visit www.chemdry.com, or for more information on franchise opportunities, visit www.chemdryfranchise.com. Chem-Dry is owned by Harris Research, Inc., which is also the founder and owner of the fast-growing N-Hance Wood Renewal franchise.
Fishman Public Relations
281 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Recruiting Franchisees to Drive Aggressive Growth During International Franchise Expo in New York City June 15-17 (1 views)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Signs 100th Franchise Agreement Of 2017 (1 views)