- Franchise URL: http://www.jerseymikes.com
- Listed: April 22, 2016 10:46 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 22, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // MANASQUAN, N.J. – A three-person team from Brick, N.J. took home the Gold and $30,000 at Jersey Mike’s Subs National G13 Competition last week in Orlando, Fla. Kevin Brennan, Tom Sisbarro and Joe DeAngelo, all Brick residents, sliced, sprinkled and wrapped their way to sub-making victory in under a minute against four other finalist teams from throughout the country. The trio works at the Jersey Mike’s on Mantoloking Road in Brick, NJ, owned by Matt Catania and John Helm.
“We wanted to win it for the Jersey Shore, after all that’s where Jersey Mike’s started,” said Brennan. “We’re thankful that Jersey Mike’s is able to create a fun and competitive atmosphere that allows us to push one another to be the best we can.”
Jersey Mike’s created the G13 Competition to reinforce the importance of safety, brand quality and speed of service with the company’s team members. G refers to Giant, the size of the sub competitors make, and 13 refers to the company’s most popular sub, #13 The Original Italian.
Each sub making team was judged on building the perfect sub to the correct weight as fast as possible and following proper procedures. Competitors made a Giant #13 (The Original Italian with provolone, ham, prosciuttini, cappacuolo, salami and pepperoni). In addition to fresh slicing all the meats and cheese, contestants dressed a sub Mike’s Way® with lettuce, tomatoes and onions and showed off their “sprinkling,” skills, adding “The Juice” (olive oil/red wine vinegar) before cutting, wrapping and bagging each sub.
The teams competed April 10 at Jersey Mike’s National Conference in Orlando. More than 1,000 franchise owners, managers and others gathered to celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary, while gaining inspiration and education.
About Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 1,500 locations open and under development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Jersey Mike’s offers A Sub Above®, serving authentic fresh sliced subs on freshly baked bread – the same recipe it started with in 1956 – and is passionate about giving back to its local communities. For more information, please visit www.jerseymikes.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jerseymikes) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jerseymikes).
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s
Splash Communications, LLC
O: (603) 893-1707
M: (917) 838-4500
253 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (1 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (1 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (1 views)