- Sub Headline: 10-unit development agreement brings first Newk's to Denver
- City: Jackson
- State: Mississippi
- Franchise URL: http://www.newks.com
- Listed: December 22, 2015 8:10 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
JACKSON, Miss., Dec. 22, 2015 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Newk’s Eatery, the fast casual restaurant known for its culinary-driven menu and open kitchen, is expanding into Western markets for the first time with a new development agreement that will bring 10 locations to Denver and its southeast suburbs.
Newk’s newest franchisee, Sam Freitag, is a successful restaurateur who has owned a number of franchise businesses, including 20 Sonic Drive-In units in the Denver metro area and Richmond, Virginia.
When Freitag and his team open their first Newk’s Eatery in southeastern Denver in late 2016, it will be the first in Denver, first in Colorado, and the westernmost location in the company’s history.
“Newk’s open kitchens, commitment to quality ingredients and ongoing innovations make it a perfect option for Denver’s discerning customer base,” said Freitag. “With aggressive expansion plans, a growing brand presence and a new design, the chain is fast becoming a sought-after brand for customers, franchisees and landlords.”
Freitag is the sixth multi-unit franchisee to sign with Newk’s in 2015. Combined, the new franchisees will open more than 50 new restaurants in the next three years, consistent with Newk’s goal to reach 200 units by 2018.
“When founding Newk’s in 2004, we committed to a rate of growth that allowed us to maintain our high standards for food and service quality,” said Newk’s President, CEO and co-founder Chris Newcomb. “We spent the last year establishing a strong foundation that has attracted a record number of franchisees and allowed us to achieve the strongest growth in our 10-year history.”
The chain added 20 new restaurants in 2015, doubling its growth rate from years past and entering nearly 10 new markets. It will end the year with 95 locations including 19 company-owned and 76 franchisee-owned restaurants in 13 states. Over the next two years, the chain will intensify corporate growth, with restaurants planned for Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina; Orlando and Jacksonville, Florida; and Dallas.
Celebrating its 11th year, Newk’s has remained steadfast in its commitment to quality, serving made-from-scratch sandwiches, salads, soups and California-style pizzas, using fresh and flavorful ingredients, accompanied by a unique level of service and hospitality.
For more information on franchise opportunities, go to www.newks.com/franchise.
About Newk’s Eatery
Based in Jackson, Mississippi, Newk’s Eatery is leading the next generation of fast casual with its culinary-driven menu made from the finest ingredients including soups, salads, pizzas and sandwiches all made daily in open-view kitchens and served fresh for lunch and dinner. Founded in 2004 and acquired by Sentinel Partners in 2014, Newk’s currently operates and franchises nearly 95 units in 13 states and is gaining national attention for its accelerated growth and commitment to community. The chain was among Nation’s Restaurant News’ top choices of restaurants poised for growth and among the FastCasual.com top 20 “Movers and Shakers.” Franchise Times magazine ranked Newk’s among its top Fast and Serious franchise brands, and Technomic ranked Newk’s in its top 50 U.S. fast casual chains. For more information, visit Newks.com, join the Roundtable Club or follow Newk’s on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Newk’s Eatery
166 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (5 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (3 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)