Newk’s Eatery Doubles Down In Jacksonville And Bolsters Rapidly Expanding Presence In The Sunshine State
- Sub Headline: Expansion plans include up to six more Jacksonville restaurants and more than 30 additional locations throughout Florida in the next five years.
- City: Jackson
- State: Mississippi
- Listed: November 30, 2015 12:57 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 30, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // JACKSON, Miss. – Newk’s Eatery, a fast casual restaurant brand known for its culinary-driven menu and open-view kitchens, is doubling down on its Jacksonville, Fla. presence with the acquisition of two franchise-owned locations, along with plans to open as many as half a dozen more restaurants between the River City and St. Augustine. The first such location is scheduled to open in the Claire Lane Center on San Jose Boulevard in January 2016.
“Our plans to build out the Jacksonville market are part of a strategy to increase density in our Southeast footprint, while expanding contiguously up the East Coast,” said Newk’s Co-founder and CEO Chris Newcomb. “Florida is our most rapidly expanding market— with as many as 30 new restaurants scheduled to open in the state in the next five years.”
Over the next year alone, Newk’s Eatery plans to open new restaurants in six Florida cities. A location in Clearwater is scheduled to debut before year-end in 2015, while locations in Jacksonville, Sarasota, Orlando, Palm Beach Gardens and Pensacola are scheduled to open in 2016. In early November, Newk’s also announced a new development agreement with Pat Tracy and his family of seasoned restaurateurs in Palm Beach County. The Tracy family will open 10 Newk’s locations in Southeastern Florida’s Palm Beach and Broward counties.
“Newk’s commitment to aggressive growth throughout Florida is matched by franchisees with deep knowledge of the region and extensive experience in fast-casual restaurants,” said Newk’s Chief Development Officer Chris Cheek. “The potential for a robust introduction to the Newk’s brand and its enhanced fast-casual experience in the state is incredibly strong.”
The Jackson, Miss.-based Newk’s Eatery chain will open almost 25 new company-owned and franchised locations this year throughout the region, with plans to reach more than 200 units by the end of 2018.
About Newk’s Eatery
Based in Jackson, Miss., Newk’s Eatery is leading the next generation of fast-casual with its culinary-driven menu prepared in Newk’s open-view kitchens, featuring made-from-scratch soups, fresh tossed salads, artisan pizzas, hot toasted sandwiches and desserts. Founded in 2004, Newk’s currently operates and franchises approximately 90 units in 13 states and is gaining national attention for its accelerated growth and commitment to community. FastCasual.com has named Newk’s one of its top 20 “Movers and Shakers,” while Franchise Times magazine ranked Newk’s among its top Fast and Serious franchise brands and Technomic listed Newk’s among its top 50 U.S. fast-casual chains. The brand was also recently named among “The Next 20” by Nation’s Restaurant News and one of QSR magazine’s “Best Franchise Deals.” For more information, visit Newks.com, join the Roundtable Club or follow Newk’s on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Newk’s Eatery
221 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (1 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (1 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS OF KIRKLAND ACQUIRES STANFORD SIGNS (1 views)
- For Signal 88 Security Franchise Owners, Providing Peace of Mind is Personal (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (1 views)