- Sub Headline: Newk's Cares campaign for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund also Recognized
- City: Jackson
- State: Mississippi
- Franchise URL: http://www.newks.com
- Listed: September 23, 2015 4:18 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
JACKSON, Miss. – June 1, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – Newk’s Eatery, the fast casual restaurant known for its culinary-driven menu and open kitchens, was named among the industry’s most significant brands at The 2015 Fast Casual Top 100 gala at the National Restaurant Association’s 2015 show in Chicago.
President/CEO and Cofounder Chris Newcomb and Vice President of Franchise Operations and Marketing Alan Wright represented the brand at the awards, which also ranked the company’s cause marketing program, Newk’s Cares, second among the top 10 marketing campaigns of the year. The company raised more than $100,000 for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and spread awareness through in-store signage and a cycling event in September 2014.
The annual Top Movers and Shakers list includes 75 brands and 25 marketing campaigns and trends, which were chosen from a pool of 900 nominations submitted by FastCasual.com readers. Brands are judged on criteria ranging from innovation, growth, social responsibility and overall contribution.
Newk’s rose to number 20 on the list due to its fundamentals, including aggressive growth and unit volumes well above industry average, and its leadership position in fast casual’s “second generation.” With an offering that includes culinary-driven menus, scratch-made recipes and transparency, along with the brand’s commitment to its community, Newk’s brings a new dining experience to guests.
In nominating Newk’s, one franchisee noted: “I am a current owner of one store and am planning a second. My experience with this brand has far exceeded my expectations. The franchise philosophy is solid and proven, and the menu offerings are fresh and craveable.”
For more information on Newk’s and its franchise opportunities, go to www.newks.com/franchise.
About Newk’s Eatery
Fast casual Newk’s Eatery is passionate about delivering fresh, flavorful food experiences. Newk’s culinary-driven menu, prepared in its open-view kitchens, includes made-from-scratch soups, fresh tossed salads, California-style pizzas, hot toasted sandwiches, soups and desserts. Rapidly expanding since the first restaurant’s opening in 2004, Jackson, Mississippi-based Newk’s currently operates and franchises 79 units in 13 states. For more information visit www.newks.com and join the Roundtable Club, or follow Newk’s on Facebook and Twitter.
FastCasual.com is the world’s most-read news and information source to cover fast casual restaurants, which combine the speed of quick-service brands with an atmosphere and food quality typically associated with casual dining establishments.
SOURCE Newk’s Eatery
188 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (3 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (3 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (3 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (3 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (3 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (2 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (2 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (2 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (2 views)
- Shell Shack – Signs 8 Unit Franchise Agreement in one of the Top 10 Restaurant Markets (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: EXTENDING BRANDING ELEMENTS TO INTERIOR DÉCOR PROMOTES CULTURE AND ENGAGEMENT (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (2 views)