- Sub Headline: Newk's Cares campaign for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund also Recognized
- City: Jackson
- State: Mississippi
- Franchise URL: http://www.newks.com
- Listed: September 23, 2015 4:18 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
JACKSON, Miss. – June 1, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – Newk’s Eatery, the fast casual restaurant known for its culinary-driven menu and open kitchens, was named among the industry’s most significant brands at The 2015 Fast Casual Top 100 gala at the National Restaurant Association’s 2015 show in Chicago.
President/CEO and Cofounder Chris Newcomb and Vice President of Franchise Operations and Marketing Alan Wright represented the brand at the awards, which also ranked the company’s cause marketing program, Newk’s Cares, second among the top 10 marketing campaigns of the year. The company raised more than $100,000 for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and spread awareness through in-store signage and a cycling event in September 2014.
The annual Top Movers and Shakers list includes 75 brands and 25 marketing campaigns and trends, which were chosen from a pool of 900 nominations submitted by FastCasual.com readers. Brands are judged on criteria ranging from innovation, growth, social responsibility and overall contribution.
Newk’s rose to number 20 on the list due to its fundamentals, including aggressive growth and unit volumes well above industry average, and its leadership position in fast casual’s “second generation.” With an offering that includes culinary-driven menus, scratch-made recipes and transparency, along with the brand’s commitment to its community, Newk’s brings a new dining experience to guests.
In nominating Newk’s, one franchisee noted: “I am a current owner of one store and am planning a second. My experience with this brand has far exceeded my expectations. The franchise philosophy is solid and proven, and the menu offerings are fresh and craveable.”
For more information on Newk’s and its franchise opportunities, go to www.newks.com/franchise.
About Newk’s Eatery
Fast casual Newk’s Eatery is passionate about delivering fresh, flavorful food experiences. Newk’s culinary-driven menu, prepared in its open-view kitchens, includes made-from-scratch soups, fresh tossed salads, California-style pizzas, hot toasted sandwiches, soups and desserts. Rapidly expanding since the first restaurant’s opening in 2004, Jackson, Mississippi-based Newk’s currently operates and franchises 79 units in 13 states. For more information visit www.newks.com and join the Roundtable Club, or follow Newk’s on Facebook and Twitter.
FastCasual.com is the world’s most-read news and information source to cover fast casual restaurants, which combine the speed of quick-service brands with an atmosphere and food quality typically associated with casual dining establishments.
SOURCE Newk’s Eatery
171 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (2 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- International Franchise Association to Host Annual Convention Jan. 29 – Feb. 1, 2017 (1 views)
- Sport Clips: Experience Growth with Our Salon Franchise Opportunity (1 views)
- Bismarck Tribune: Signal 88 Security Eyes North Dakota for Development (1 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (1 views)
- Big Whiskey’s Signs First Franchisee in Bentonville, AR (1 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)