Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom Teams Up With Legendary Brewing Company To Create Distinctive Collaboration Ale
- Sub Headline: Craft Beer Authority Kicks Off 40th Anniversary Year with February Explorer Series Featuring Selections from Odell
- City: Broomfield
- State: Colorado
- Franchise URL: http://www.oldchicago.com
- Listed: February 2, 2016 11:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – Feb. 2, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, a traditional casual dining restaurant known for its expansive selection of craft beers, announced today it has partnered with Odell Brewing Company for its February Explorer Series, which begins on February 10. Old Chicago’s Explorer Series launched last year, with each installment offering selections from a featured brewing company and a collaboration beer that captures the most unique flavors in the craft beer world.
In honor of Old Chicago’s 40th anniversary year, the brew team collaborated with Odell to create a mouthwatering ale that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Inspired by and crafted from one of Old Chicago’s most sought after menu items, the Big Cookie, this distinctive ale is fondly referred to as “OC’s Big Cookie A La Mode” and is a vanilla brown ale made with dark roasted malts and vanilla, infused with slightly sweet chocolate and vanilla for a smooth lingering finish.
“We’re celebrating Old Chicago’s 40th anniversary this year, so to kick of our 2016 Explorer Series with one of our favorite breweries is a real treat for us,” said Jason Murphy, Old Chicago’s brand manager. “This is the second time we’re working with Odell, and once again our teams banded together to create a collaboration ale that I know our guests will love. We looked to our own menu for inspiration and knowing that our customers can’t seem to get enough of our Big Cookie dessert, it was a no brainer to incorporate that into a sweet ale we call OC’s Big Cookie A La Mode.”
In addition to OC’s Big Cookie A La Mode, the series will also feature other selections from Odell, and will be available until the tap runs out. Selections include:
- Runoff Red – A complex red IPA made with dark crystal malt and Columbus and Chinook hops with strong toasted malt backbone and notes of citrus and pine from the dry hopping. Finishes slightly bitter but surprisingly balanced for an IPA.
- Lugene – Inspired by the owner of an old, beat-up truck that hauls away the spent grain at Odell Brewery, Lugene is a chocolate milk stout brewed with milk sugar and milk chocolate. The rich and creamy brew is reminiscent of a cold glass of chocolate milk and pays homage to the truck owner Lugene, a local farmer who’s been feeding his dairy cows the hearty malt for over a decade.
- 90 Shilling – A smooth and complex medium-bodied amber ale with a distinct burnished copper color and a deeply pleasant aroma. The name 90 Shilling comes from the Scottish method of taxing beer. Only the highest quality beers were taxed 90 Shillings. It’s brilliantly refreshing and worth every Shilling.
As an added perk, guests who try the Odell selections will be able to take home their very own commemorative 40th anniversary pint glass for just $2.
About Old Chicago
Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom (Old Chicago) is a traditional, casual dining restaurant specializing in Chicago-style pizzas, taproom classics and craft beer. Founded in 1976, Old Chicago operates in 22 states with more than 100 restaurants. With over 30 craft beers on tap, Old Chicago is also the home of the World Beer Tour, which rewards members for enjoying 110 of the best craft beers from across the globe. Visit www.oldchicago.com to learn more and to find the restaurant nearest you. For information about franchise opportunities, visit www.ocfranchising.com.
CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc. is the largest craft brewery restaurant operator in the country with nearly 200 franchised and company-owned restaurants primarily operating under the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants and Rock Bottom Restaurants & Breweries brands. As a leader in the craft beer focused casual dining segment, CraftWorks also operates strong regional brands, and employs more than 12,000 people throughout the U.S. All of CraftWorks’ restaurant brands have innovative menus with made-from-scratch food and a vast selection of unique craft beer, as well as unbeatable service and loyalty programs with over a half-million active members. Based in Broomfield, Colo., CraftWorks is not only committed to serving its loyal guests, but also the communities in which its restaurants operate. The CraftWorks Foundation has contributed millions of dollars, positively impacting communities throughout the country. For additional information about CraftWorks, the Foundation, and its restaurant brands, please visit www.craftworksrestaurants.com.
SOURCE Old Chicago
228 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (3 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (3 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (3 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (3 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)