- Sub Headline: Orange County’s Original Fish Taco Stand Primed For Franchise Growth
- Franchise URL: http://www.PedrosTacos.com
- Listed: May 31, 2016 9:19 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
San Clemente, CA (FranchisePOD.com) May 31, 2016 – In 1986, Orange County’s first fish taco stand, Pedro’s Tacos launched a fish taco revolution when it opened in San Clemente, Calif. Hungry surfers were the first to discover the satisfying tacos and burritos, filling up after early morning or late afternoon surf sessions. They told their friends and before long people traveled from near and far to enjoy the delicious craveable eats found only at Pedro’s. Today there are five Pedro’s locations including two in San Clemente, Fallbrook, Oceanside, Calif., and Boston, the first fish taco shop in New England.
This year, Pedro’s celebrates 30 years in business and begins a new push to grow through franchising.
In 1989, Ed McNary acquired the original Pedro’s Tacos in San Clemente after several years of owning a Green Burrito franchise. Growing up in Newport Beach, Calif., McNary got his start in the restaurant business at The Capistrano Depot in San Juan Capistrano, Mamacita’s Mexican Restaurant in Seal Beach and Gina’s Pizza in Corona del Mar. He and his wife Charlene own the two San Clemente Pedro’s Tacos, the Pedro’s trademarks and the license to franchise the restaurant business. Three locations are franchise-owned and new franchisees are in various planning stages for Pedro’s locations in four states.
“People have loved and craved Pedro’s for years, and we regularly serve second-generation Pedro’s fans. It has been very rewarding to see Pedro’s thrive through the decades, and we think the time is right to expand,” said Ed McNary.
New England and Southern California are the first market priorities for expansion, and the company is actively seeking qualified franchise partners to open new locations.
“Bostonians are hooked on Pedro’s, and we searching for potential locations in the city and beyond to better serve that region,” added McNary. “With Southern California roots, Orange, LA and Riverside counties are a natural progression for Pedro’s. We feel our recipe for success centers on great tasting food served in a simple location with a drive through. ”
Pedro’s is known for big portions and big value, which combine to create high volume locations. At Pedro’s, tacos and burritos start with homemade fluffy tortillas filled with crispy battered cod, garlic-marinated grilled shrimp, tender seasoned chicken, marinated grilled carne asada, and even scrambled eggs and chorizo for breakfast. Salsa, guacamole and everything else is freshly made throughout the day. The experience has also been adapted for fast casual service options, as in downtown Boston.
“This is an exciting time for the restaurant industry that has been growing steadily for the past several years,” added McNary. “The past 30 years has shown us that there is long term potential for Pedro’s Tacos.”
For more information about Pedro’s Tacos, please visit www.pedrostacos.com.
507 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (2 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (2 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)