- Sub Headline: Redesign To Be Included In All New Restaurants In 2016
- Franchise URL: http://www.penn-station.com
- Listed: June 16, 2016 3:01 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
June 16, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) MILFORD, OHIO – Penn Station East Coast Subs, the fast-casual restaurant known for its grilled, made-to-order sub sandwiches, hand-squeezed lemonade and fresh-cut fries, had debuted a new restaurant design.
Overall, the new design is lighter and more streamlined, corresponding with Penn Station’s new logo, which debuted last year. The design elements were chosen for durability, cost effectiveness, function and aesthetics. As with everything Penn Station does, return on investment for franchisees was an important factor in choosing the new look.
“Penn Station is a 30-year-old brand, and we don’t update our restaurant design often, so this is especially exciting for us,” said President Craig Dunaway. “The restaurant redesign was carefully considered, with cost to franchisees top of mind. Penn Station isn’t a brand that changes often, and this remodel is a perfect representation of where we are headed in the future.”
Highlights of the redesign include new wall coverings and flooring. The new gray paint brightens the space, but will still feel familiar to longtime Penn Station fans. Wood planking has been added to the bottom half of the walls in a brick pattern. On the floor, Penn Station has updated to a 12-by-18 gray concrete tile to go with the more streamlined design.
The open display kitchen has also been redesigned. Often, state restrictions have required increased counter height. It is important to Penn Station that customers can see their food being prepared fresh, but the higher counters were decreasing visibility into the open display kitchen. To ensure customers can observe as their food is made to order, the new design features an enhanced open display kitchen with lower counters and glass sneeze guards.
“We were able to create a new design that will continue to please our customers and keep the return on investment high for our franchisees,” Dunaway said. “In creating the new look, we made sure the open kitchen, which we were able to improve so that guests can easily watch as their fresh food is grilled, incorporated the new features. We chose products that are durable with a clean look. Just like our new logo, the restaurant design is polished and sleek while staying true to our original branding.”
All future Penn Station locations will open with the new design and logo. Existing restaurants will update as their renovation schedule requires.
About Penn Station East Coast Subs
Founded in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1985, Penn Station serves a variety of grilled and cold deli sandwiches made to order with high-quality ingredients on freshly baked bread. The menu also includes hand-cut fries, hand-squeezed lemonade made throughout the day and chocolate chunk cookies baked in the restaurant. Penn Station was named the best sandwich chain in the Nation’s Restaurant News 2015 Consumer Picks survey.
Penn Station has more than 300 locations in 15 states including Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. All but one location is franchised, and Penn Station has a better-than 99.9 percent success rate with only two store closings over the last 30 years. As a franchisor, Penn Station is known for its outstanding profitability and return on investment.
Projections call for the opening of 20 restaurants nationwide in 2016. Penn Station is targeting Kansas City, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Virginia and Dallas for franchise expansion. For more information, visit www.penn-station.com.
SOURCE Penn Station
303 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (27 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (20 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (13 views)
- Signal 88 Sales Training Helps Convert Former Police Officers to Sales People (13 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (13 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (10 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (9 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (8 views)
- Hooters Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day with All-You-Can-Eat Wings (13 views)
- FASTSIGNS Company Facts (6 views)
- The Casual Pint Brings ‘Coffee Shop of Beers’ to South Carolina (4 views)
- Lapels Dry Cleaning: The Future of Dry Cleaning Comes to Canton (4 views)
- SuperTots Sports Academy Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Orangetheory: Top Fitness Company Goes All Out For Weddings This Summer (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS International, Inc. Named as 2016 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award Recipient for Exemplary Support of National Guard and Reserve Members (3 views)