- Sub Headline: Restaurant Chain To Open In Dublin, Marion
- City: Columbus
- State: Ohio
- Franchise URL: http://www.penn-station.com
- Listed: January 21, 2016 3:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 21, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // COLUMBUS, OHIO – Penn Station East Coast Subs, the fast-casual restaurant known for its grilled, made-to-order sub sandwiches, hand-squeezed lemonade and fresh-cut fries, has signed leases for new restaurants in Dublin and Marion. The Dublin restaurant will be located at 6175 Sawmill Road and is slated to open in fall 2016. The Marion location will open in May 2016 at 158 McMahan Blvd.
Cincinnati-based Penn Station East Coast Subs features grilled sub sandwiches – including the chain’s renowned Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich – and cold deli sandwiches made to order with high-quality ingredients on hearth-baked bread. The menu also includes fresh-cut fries, hand-squeezed lemonade and chocolate chunk cookies baked daily in the restaurant. Penn Station offers eat-in dining, carry out and catering.
The new restaurants will be owned by a franchisee group made up of Jim McKean, Tom Zaciewski, Jennifer Perry, Jon Perry, Andy McBride and Dave Hammack. McKean, a Reynoldsburg, Ohio native, will be the managing owner of the restaurants and will oversee all restaurant operations. He was previously in charge of 29 Johnny Rockets restaurants.
“We relish the opportunity to serve America’s best sandwich in Dublin and Marion,” McKean said. “We strive to be ingrained with our local communities through local staffing, catering, supporting local fundraising events and offering a $3,000 annual scholarship to one of 15 finalists through Penn Station’s Athlete of the Year program. We are very excited to begin building a long-term relationship with these great communities.”
The group also owns the Penn Station restaurants in Dublin Granville and Gahanna, as well as the stores near Polaris Fashion Place and the Ohio State University’s campus. They plan to open up to 12 additional locations throughout Columbus.
“We’ve all engaged in a variety of private investments – in addition to our existing careers – and we were ready for a new venture,” Zaciewski said. “We looked at a lot of franchises and decided on Penn Station because of its exclusivity and ROI.”
Zaciewski is an urologist, a resident of Findlay, Ohio, and is leading most of the development for the group. Jennifer is the physician assistant for Zaciewski’s medical practice, and her husband, Jon, is an IT professional at Marathon Petroleum Corporation. The Perrys are from Tiffin, Ohio and are handling marketing, IT and social media for the restaurants. McBride hails from Forest, Ohio and is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and farmer. He is managing lease negotiations and team relations. Hammack, who is a Certified Public Accountant and a resident of Monclova, Ohio, is handling financing, contracting and accounting for the team.
About Penn Station East Coast Subs
Founded in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1985, Penn Station serves a variety of grilled and cold deli sandwiches made to order with high-quality ingredients on freshly baked bread. The menu also includes hand-cut fries, hand-squeezed lemonade made throughout the day and chocolate chunk cookies baked in the restaurant. Penn Station was named the best sandwich chain in the Nation’s Restaurant News 2015 Consumer Picks survey.
Penn Station has almost 300 locations in 15 states including Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. All but one location is franchised, and Penn Station has a better-than 99.9 percent success rate with only two store closings over the last 30 years. As a franchisor, Penn Station is known for its outstanding profitability and return on investment.
Projections call for the opening of 25 restaurants nationwide in 2016. Penn Station is targeting Kansas City, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Virginia and Dallas for franchise expansion. For more information, visit www.penn-station.com.
SOURCE Penn Station East Coast Subs
134 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (50 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (41 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (83 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (80 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (73 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (70 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (70 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (60 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (52 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (52 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (52 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (49 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (41 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (41 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (40 views)