- Sub Headline: Nation’s Largest Pet Franchise Launches Opportunity on the West Coast
- City: Livonia
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.petsuppliesplus.com
- Listed: February 23, 2016 10:56 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
LIVONIA, Mich. – February 23, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Pet Supplies Plus, the nation’s largest pet franchise with more than 330 locations in 26 states, announced that it will target California as part of a strategic growth plan in 2016. Best known for being ‘America’s favorite neighborhood pet store,’ Pet Supplies Plus will expand into California to grow its base of multi-unit franchise partners.
Pet Supplies Plus is a stand out in the fast-growing pet retail sector, offering a wide selection of food, toys and pet products including natural foods, an extensive assortment of Made-in-the USA pet consumables and a culture focused on making it easier to get better products for pets. With 62 percent of Americans serving as pet owners, the pet care industry currently accounts for more than $60 billion in annual consumer spending, according to the American Pet Products Association. The strong general consumer appeal combined with the proven Pet Supplies Plus operating model, creates a unique investment opportunity for single and multi-unit franchise partners.
“This will be a milestone growth strategy for Pet Supplies Plus, as our current westernmost location is in the Denver area. There is high demand on the West Coast for a franchise opportunity in pet retail and we are ready for expansion into the open territory,” said David Leonardo, Senior Vice President – Franchising. “As the industry grows regardless of economic climate, we look forward to partnering with franchise owners in the California market to bring our neighborly, fun and easy to shop retail environments to more enthusiastic pet owners.”
In May, Pet Supplies Plus announced a reduction of royalty fees from 4 percent to 2 percent for the first 12 months of a new franchise agreement. Following a franchisee’s first year, the royalty fee remains at 3 percent for the life of the franchise agreement. The reduction opens the franchise opportunity to a broader range of candidates and helps qualified candidates open stores at a faster rate.
Founded on the idea that convenient, quality service for busy neighbors was lacking in the pet industry, retail veterans, Jack Berry and Harry Shallop, opened the first Pet Supplies Plus store in Redford, Michigan. Since then, the neighborhood-style pet store has become a household name in 26 states. Pet Supplies Plus is a portfolio company of the private equity firm Irving Place Capital.
For more information about Pet Supplies Plus franchising opportunities, visit petsuppliesplus.com/franchise or contact Steve Olson at (734) 793-6532.
About Pet Supplies Plus
With more than 330 locations in 26 states, Pet Supplies Plus has earned the reputation as America’s Favorite Neighborhood Pet Store by offering a wide array of pet food, pet products, grooming services and animal expertise in a welcoming environment. With a friendly, pet-centered culture, where store managers and associates actually know the names of hundreds of their pet customers and their pet parents, each Pet Supplies Plus is large enough to house a broad selection of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly. Headquartered in Livonia, MI., Pet Supplies Plus earned its success by understanding the unique bond between humans and their pets, while championing the conviction that ‘People Don’t Own Pets, Pets Own People.’ Pet Supplies Plus is ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s Annual Franchise 500® list as the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate, and system size. For more information visit www.petsuppliesplus.com/franchise.
SOURCE Pet Supplies Plus
Fishman Public Relations for Pet Supplies Plus
196 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Famous Toastery and Dancakes Launch Holiday Character Pancake Art Campaign (1 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (1 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (1 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (1 views)
- House Doctors of Somerset Commits to Another 10 Years (1 views)