- Sub Headline: Nation’s Largest Pet Franchise Launches Opportunity on the West Coast
- City: Livonia
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.petsuppliesplus.com
- Listed: February 23, 2016 10:56 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
LIVONIA, Mich. – February 23, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Pet Supplies Plus, the nation’s largest pet franchise with more than 330 locations in 26 states, announced that it will target California as part of a strategic growth plan in 2016. Best known for being ‘America’s favorite neighborhood pet store,’ Pet Supplies Plus will expand into California to grow its base of multi-unit franchise partners.
Pet Supplies Plus is a stand out in the fast-growing pet retail sector, offering a wide selection of food, toys and pet products including natural foods, an extensive assortment of Made-in-the USA pet consumables and a culture focused on making it easier to get better products for pets. With 62 percent of Americans serving as pet owners, the pet care industry currently accounts for more than $60 billion in annual consumer spending, according to the American Pet Products Association. The strong general consumer appeal combined with the proven Pet Supplies Plus operating model, creates a unique investment opportunity for single and multi-unit franchise partners.
“This will be a milestone growth strategy for Pet Supplies Plus, as our current westernmost location is in the Denver area. There is high demand on the West Coast for a franchise opportunity in pet retail and we are ready for expansion into the open territory,” said David Leonardo, Senior Vice President – Franchising. “As the industry grows regardless of economic climate, we look forward to partnering with franchise owners in the California market to bring our neighborly, fun and easy to shop retail environments to more enthusiastic pet owners.”
In May, Pet Supplies Plus announced a reduction of royalty fees from 4 percent to 2 percent for the first 12 months of a new franchise agreement. Following a franchisee’s first year, the royalty fee remains at 3 percent for the life of the franchise agreement. The reduction opens the franchise opportunity to a broader range of candidates and helps qualified candidates open stores at a faster rate.
Founded on the idea that convenient, quality service for busy neighbors was lacking in the pet industry, retail veterans, Jack Berry and Harry Shallop, opened the first Pet Supplies Plus store in Redford, Michigan. Since then, the neighborhood-style pet store has become a household name in 26 states. Pet Supplies Plus is a portfolio company of the private equity firm Irving Place Capital.
For more information about Pet Supplies Plus franchising opportunities, visit petsuppliesplus.com/franchise or contact Steve Olson at (734) 793-6532.
About Pet Supplies Plus
With more than 330 locations in 26 states, Pet Supplies Plus has earned the reputation as America’s Favorite Neighborhood Pet Store by offering a wide array of pet food, pet products, grooming services and animal expertise in a welcoming environment. With a friendly, pet-centered culture, where store managers and associates actually know the names of hundreds of their pet customers and their pet parents, each Pet Supplies Plus is large enough to house a broad selection of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly. Headquartered in Livonia, MI., Pet Supplies Plus earned its success by understanding the unique bond between humans and their pets, while championing the conviction that ‘People Don’t Own Pets, Pets Own People.’ Pet Supplies Plus is ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s Annual Franchise 500® list as the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate, and system size. For more information visit www.petsuppliesplus.com/franchise.
SOURCE Pet Supplies Plus
Fishman Public Relations for Pet Supplies Plus
248 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (2 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (5 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (4 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (3 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)