- Sub Headline: High Demand for Pet Products and Services Leads to 18 New Franchise Deals in 2015
- City: Livonia
- State: Michigan
- Franchise URL: http://www.petsuppliesplus.com
- Listed: December 15, 2015 12:23 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
LIVONIA, Mich. – December 15, 2015 – (FranchisePOD.com) – The pet industry flourished this year with over $60 billion in expenditures, up from $58 billion in 2014. Continued growth is attributed to conscious pet owners looking for natural or organic products, an increase in the amount of households with pets and the billion dollar market including pets in holiday festivities. Pet Supplies Plus, the largest pet franchise in the country, is capitalizing on the industry growth and expecting to see its most successful franchise development year ever in 2016.
Founded on the idea that convenient, quality service for busy neighbors was lacking in the pet industry, retail veterans, Jack Berry and Harry Shallop, opened the first Pet Supplies Plus store in Redford, Michigan. Since then, the neighborhood-style pet store has become a household name in 26 states.
The 27-year-old pet retailer with more than 330 stores signed a total of 18 franchise deals for 26 units in 2015. The new locations build the company’s presence in existing markets and introduce new markets to its signature neighborly shopping experience. A location set to open in Denver marks new territory, serving as its westernmost address to date. With a steady stream of new franchise deals, Pet Supplies Plus is scheduled to open 35 new stores in 2016.
In the year ahead, Pet Supplies Plus will continue its strategic growth plan moving the brand into new regions. Most notably, after years of requests by entrepreneurs eager to join the franchise, it has opened the California market for franchise expansion. The retailer is also actively seeking qualified franchise partners to develop its presence in Atlanta, St. Louis, Denver and South Florida.
In addition to impressive franchise development growth, Pet Supplies Plus made strategic internal changes , including the addition of David Leonardo to the executive team as Senior Vice President of Franchising. Leonardo’s strategy for growing the brand in the new year places emphasis on introducing qualified multi-unit franchisees from different categories to the booming opportunity in the pet industry.
“Our continued growth in 2015 and pipeline filled with new stores for 2016 demonstrates the constantly growing demand for pet products. Pet retail is proven to be an anticyclical industry with more than 20 years of positive growth,” said Leonardo. “We are proud to welcome new franchisees to the Pet Supplies Plus family and remain committed to providing a support system for strong unit-level economics.”
In May, Pet Supplies Plus announced a reduction of royalty fees from 4 percent to 2 percent for the first 12 months of a new franchise agreement. Following a franchisee’s first year, the royalty fee remains at 3 percent for the life of the franchise agreement. The reduction opens the franchise opportunity to a broader range of candidates and helps qualified candidates open stores at a faster rate.
For more information about Pet Supplies Plus franchising opportunities, visit petsuppliesplus.com/franchise or contact Steve Olson at (734) 793-6532.
About Pet Supplies Plus
With more than 330 locations in 26 states, Pet Supplies Plus has earned the reputation as America’s Favorite Neighborhood Pet Store by offering a wide array of pet food, pet products, grooming services and animal expertise in a welcoming environment. With a friendly, pet-centered culture, where store managers and associates actually know the names of hundreds of their pet customers and their pet parents, each Pet Supplies Plus is large enough to house a broad selection of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly. Headquartered in Livonia, MI., Pet Supplies Plus earned its success by understanding the unique bond between humans and their pets, while championing the conviction that ‘People Don’t Own Pets, Pets Own People.’ Pet Supplies Plus is ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s 35th Annual Franchise 500® list as the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate, and system size. For more information visit www.petsuppliesplus.com/franchise.
SOURCE Pet Supplies Plus
Fishman Public Relations
For Pet Supplies Plus
273 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (1 views)