- Sub Headline: USDA and Ohio Professional Dog Breeders Association partner in event.
- Franchise URL: http://www.petland.com
- Listed: May 4, 2016 7:37 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio – May 4, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Petland Inc., the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Ohio Professional Dog Breeders Association, the Ohio Department of Agriculture and the American Kennel Club (AKC) recently hosted the fourth annual Dog Breeder Symposium inBerlin, Ohio. More than 240 professional and hobby breeders from three states were in attendance.
“Petland is proud to participate and help support this annual educational conference. This is truly a collaborative effort between federal and state agencies and the pet industry to promote and implement processes to improve the life of pets,” said Petland President and CEO Joe Watson. “During the conference, breeders from all backgrounds learn first-hand of new science-based standards of care and it is exciting to see each year the positive changes being made.”
The Symposium series is unique in that the five groups work together to produce an annual breeder education event geared towards the continual improvement of dog-breeding standards.
“This event has grown into one of the premier breeder educational conferences in the country,” said Petland’s Vice President of Animal Welfare Brian Winslow. “Petland works closely with the USDA and all of our conference partners as each group brings a unique set of skills and expertise to the meeting.”
This year’s symposium was held April 21 and focused on genetic testing and Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Certification. Four expert veterinarians spoke on a variety of topics directly related to genetic testing. Previous symposiums have addressed the importance of socialization programs for breeding parents and their offspring, improved kennel design and genetic testing.
About Petland, Inc.
Petland, Inc. is a franchise operation with quality, full service retail pet centers across the United States,Canada, Japan, China, Mexico, South Africa, Brazil and El Salvador. For more than 47 years, Petland Pet Counselors have been dedicated to matching the right pet with the right person and meeting the needs of both. To its customers who already have pets, Petland is dedicated to enhancing their knowledge and enjoyment of the human-animal bond. Petland was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in south centralOhio. For more information on Petland, visit www.petland.com.
SOURCE Petland, Inc.
Director of Communications
267 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (3 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (3 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (3 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (1 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (1 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (1 views)