- Sub Headline: Company to provide support to Heartland Canines for Veterans
- Franchise URL: http://www.petland.com
- Listed: April 11, 2016 8:21 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 11, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Chillicothe, OH – Petland, Inc. is excited to name the Heartland Canines for Veterans organization as one of its national charities.
Heartland Canines for Veterans is a 501c3 organization that provides companion, service and therapy dogs for disabled veterans.
“Since 1967, Petland’s focus has been matching the right pet to the right customer and enhancing the human animal bond,” said Elizabeth Kunzelman, Director of Public Affairs. “We are very pleased and honored to support the work of Heartland Canines for Veterans and are grateful to be able to help enhance a veteran’s life with a furry best friend and companion.”
The mission of Heartland Canines for Veterans is to provide companion, service, and therapy dogs for disabled veterans. Heartland Canines for Veterans was established as an active 501c3 non-profit organization in 2015 and is led by a team of Missouri Pet Breeders. Heartland provides dogs that have been donated by professional breeders from the Missouri Pet Breeders Association. Each one of these dogs undergoes about 12-14 months of professional training to be able to aide veterans in the following areas (but are not limited to these): PTSD, seizure response, hearing disabilities, mobility assistance, and diabetic alerting. Heartland works with an affiliate veterans’ organization, Compass Quest, to identify candidates and their needs. Since their founding, they have placed two dogs and currently have four in training.
The average cost to raise and train each service dog is $7,200. Petland, Inc. has committed to supporting the cost of one dog per year for five years.
Veterans can go to the www.heartlandk9s.org website for more information and to fill out an initial application.
About Petland, Inc.
Petland, Inc. is a franchise operation with quality, full service retail pet centers across the United States, Canada, Japan, China, Mexico, South Africa, Brazil and El Salvador. For more than 47 years, Petland Pet Counselors have been dedicated to matching the right pet with the right person and meeting the needs of both. To its customers who already have pets, Petland is dedicated to enhancing their knowledge and enjoyment of the human-animal bond. Petland was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in south central Ohio. For more information on Petland, visit www.petland.com.
SOURCE Petland, Inc.
217 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (3 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (6 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (6 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (5 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (4 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (4 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)