- Sub Headline: Childhood Development Professionals at The Little Gym Urge Families to Make Regular Physical Activity a Habit for Their Children
- City: Scottsdale
- State: Arizona
- Franchise URL: http://www.thelittlegym.com
- Listed: January 28, 2016 9:56 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
SCOTTSDALE, AZ–(FranchisePOD.com) – Jan 27, 2016 – Children six years of age and older meeting the American Academy of Pediatrics’ suggested sixty minute minimum of daily fun, age-appropriate physical activity exhibit improved health compared to children who remain sedentary. Active children show an improvement in their strength and endurance in addition to showing an ability to build healthy bones and lean muscles, develop motor skills and coordination, reduce fat, and experience reduced feelings of depression and anxiety.
With this research in mind, The Little Gym President and CEO Ruk Adams suggests that the New Year is a great time for parents and caregivers to make physical activity a regular part of their children’s lives. But, Adams cautions, a New Year’s resolution alone is not enough to make a significant change in behavior — for either the children or their caregivers. “A resolution may jump start a change, but until the new behavior becomes an ingrained part of everyone’s daily routine — a habit — it may fall victim to other priorities and soon be ignored, or even forgotten,” says Adams. “The key is to use that resolution to commit to building and supporting healthy habits in your children. With the proper encouragement and reinforcement, children will eventually seek out active play and independently make healthy food choices. The behavior comes naturally to them.”
The Little Gym can assist families in turning resolutions into reality. Their child development experts recognize that making physical activity fun is the best way to encourage children to maintain an active lifestyle. “Working with the natural instincts of children starts a repeating cycle of success,” says Adams. “With improved health and confidence comes a willingness — even eagerness — to pursue physical challenges.
“Perhaps even more importantly,” Adams adds, “the benefits that accrue to children from regularly taking part in physical activity can have extensive effects.” A number of studies reported in Psychology Today show evidence that physically active children are more likely to carry their healthy habit into adulthood.
“The facts are clear,” Adams says. “One of the most important things you can do for children is encourage them to be physically active each and every day, whether you arrange couch cushions into ‘mountains’ they can scale, or enroll them in a program like the ones offered by The Little Gym. As long as the activity is fun, children will welcome it, and benefit from it, long beyond childhood.”
The fun programs at The Little Gym help children ages 4 months to 12 years combine physical development with activities that promote sharing, listening, and friendship to develop confident, proud kids ready for new challenges. For more information, please visit www.TheLittleGym.com.
About The Little Gym
The Little Gym is an internationally recognized program that helps children build the developmental skills and confidence needed at each stage of childhood. The very first location was established in 1976 by Robin Wes, an innovative educator with a genuine love for children. The Little Gym International, Inc., headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., was formed in 1992 to franchise The Little Gym concept. Today, The Little Gym International has over 300 locations in 30 countries. For more information, visit The Little Gym at www.TheLittleGym.com.
The Little Gym International
224 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (9 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (6 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (5 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (5 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (5 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (4 views)
- Rush Bowls Continues 2017 Momentum (4 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (4 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS of Kirkland’s Shugarts acquires Stanford Signs in Redmond, WA (3 views)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Signs 100th Franchise Agreement Of 2017 (3 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)