- Sub Headline: Expansion Plan to Reach 22 Units in St. Louis Area
- City: St. Louis
- State: Missouri
- Franchise URL: http://www.PlanetFitness.com
- Listed: February 2, 2016 12:37 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ST. LOUIS–(FranchisePOD.com)– February 02, 2016 – Planet Fitness Midwest (PFMW) franchise group announced today its plans to double its original expansion plan for the St. Louis area to 22 clubs. Planet Fitness is the innovative health club franchise known for its Judgement Free Zone® and affordable prices with memberships for only $10 a month.
In April 2014, PFMW opened its first St. Louis location in Overland, MO with original plans to open an additional 11 new clubs in the metro area. Today, this plan has increased – both geographically and in total units. There are currently five Planet Fitness clubs operating in the St. Louis area with plans to open an additional 17 locations. PFMW has plans to acquire Xist Fitness (locations in Concord, Arnold and Shrewsbury, MO), growing the brand even faster than originally anticipated. Planet Fitness and Xist Fitness will be cross honoring each other’s memberships.
This expansion represents a significant $100,000,000 investment and approximately 300 new jobs. Many of the planned clubs are “ground up” projects, which creates hundreds of construction jobs as well.
Last year, PFMW’s Wentzville, Mid Rivers and Ferguson locations opened with record memberships. At the beginning of this year, the Midwest Flagship location opened in Edwardsville, IL. This spring, the 20,000 square foot Shrewsbury Club will open at 7521 Watson Road (next to the new Walmart) with amenities such as:
· 100 pieces of cardio, including treadmills, elliptical machines, ARC trainers, stationary bikes and stair climbers
· Spa-inspired changing and locker area with luxury rain showers, HDTVs and more
· Individual HDTVs on all 100 pieces of cardio equipment with more than 70 channels
· 2 full Life Fitness circuits of strength machines and an MTS circuit
· PF 30-Minute Express Circuit
· PF 12-Minute Ab/Core Circuit
· 12 Ergoline platinum level tanning units
· 2 massage chairs
· 3 HydroMassage® beds
· Life Fitness 360 TRX trainer
PFMW will open an Arnold location shortly thereafter. “We’re excited by the reception that Planet Fitness has received in the St. Louis market. The demand we’ve experienced has confirmed our original belief that St. Louis and the surrounding communities are a great fit for what Planet Fitness offers – a high-quality, non-intimidating, fitness experience at an extremely affordable price,” says Michael Hamilton, COO of PFMW.
The Xist Fitness merger became an attractive piece of PFMW’s growth plan. “We are thrilled to partner with Planet Fitness and to join the Planet Fitness family. We are excited about the fact that our members will be able to enjoy the benefits of belonging to one of the fastest growing national health club franchises. We are certain it will be a seamless transition and a win-win for all involved,” said Todd Beckman, Owner of Xist Fitness.
Planet Fitness has differentiated itself from other health clubs by offering low monthly membership fees while continuing its commitment to maintain a clean and comfortable environment.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, N.H., Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada, Planet Fitness’ mission is to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent businessmen and women.
Planet Fitness Midwest
Michael Hamilton, 518-867-1146
Planet Fitness Midwest
Michael Hamilton, 518-867-1146
180 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (3 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)