- Sub Headline: Company Tops Franchise Times' "Fast & Serious" Listing
- City: Newington
- State: New Hampshire
- Franchise URL: http://www.PlanetFitness.com
- Listed: March 14, 2016 11:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
NEWINGTON, N.H. – March 14, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT), one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S., secured the number one position on the Franchise Times “Fast & Serious” list, which ranks the smartest-growing franchise brands that have staying power.
This announcement comes as Planet Fitness continues to aggressively expand their non-intimidating fitness offering throughout the country and internationally. The company recently announced their fourth quarter and fiscal year 2015 results with increased system-wide same store sales of 7.7% and an addition of 209 new stores system-wide.
“At Planet Fitness we have always focused on providing a high-quality, affordable, non-intimidating fitness experience, which is a concept that has resonated with a broad demographic and allowed us to grow our brand across the country and beyond,” said Chris Rondeau, chief executive officer of Planet Fitness. “This ranking is a true testament to the commitment of our dedicated Planet Fitness team, from our seasoned franchisees to the hard working employees in our clubs and at corporate headquarters.”
“Planet Fitness stands on top of our exclusive ‘Fast and Serious’ ranking, with an impressive growth record over three years,” said Beth Ewen, editor-in-chief of Franchise Times. “This is the only ranking that considers three years’ worth of data, to eliminate brands that might soar one year but then fade the next. Planet Fitness leads a strong group of 40 franchises that take a long-term view toward growth.”
Planet Fitness has revolutionized the fitness industry with extremely low prices ($10or $19.99 a month) and offers a variety of benefits including a hassle-free, non-intimidating environment called the Judgement Free Zone®, state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, fully equipped locker rooms, flat screen televisions, unlimited small group fitness instruction by a certified trainer through the pe @ pf ® program, and much more. Additionally, as a member appreciation gesture, Planet Fitness offers free pizza on the first Monday of every month, and free bagels on the second Tuesday of every month while supplies last, as a reminder that it’s okay to treat yourself every once in a while.
For more information or to join online, please visit www.PlanetFitness.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PlanetFitness) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/PlanetFitness). Additionally, check out real Planet Fitness member stories and accomplishments at Planet of Triumphs, www.PlanetofTriumphs.com.
About Franchise Times “Fast and Serious”
Franchise Times “Fast and Serious” is an exclusive ranking to identify fast-growing franchise systems that also have staying power. Using the Franchise Times Top 200+ database of 500 franchise brands ranked by annual sales, Franchise Times created a 10-point proprietary formula, including percentage sales and unit growth over a three-year period. The ranking is in the March issue of Franchise Times, available at www.franchisetimes.com.
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, N.H., Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT) is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United Statesby number of members and locations. With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, and the Dominican Republic, Planet Fitness’ mission is to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women. For more information, visit www.planetfitness.com.
SOURCE Planet Fitness, Inc.
248 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (1 views)
- Mother and Son Duo Start Family Business With Signal 88 Security (1 views)