- Sub Headline: Family-Dining Brand Aides Huber Heights, Ohio Resident and University of Toledo Student through Partnership
- City: Sharon
- State: Pennsylvania
- Franchise URL: http://www.QuakerSteakAndLube.com
- Listed: December 21, 2015 3:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 21, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // SHARON, Pa. – The Award-Winning, casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube®, known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces, announced today Huber Heights, Ohio resident Ashley Webster will be the recipient of a $5,000 scholarship as part of the brand’s recent partnership with Folds of Honor. This past summer, Quaker Steak & Lube® restaurants donated a portion of proceeds from sales to the Folds of Honor, which helps provide educational scholarships to children and spouses of fallen and disabled American military while in service to our nation.
“In partnership with Folds of Honor, we are happy to award Ashley with this scholarship as she strives to achieve her dreams of becoming a doctor,” said Greg Lippert, President and CEO of Quaker Steak & Lube®. “Lube Nation is thrilled to work with such a worthwhile organization that supports the military families of our service members who protect our country. We are proud to help Folds of Honor in its mission to enable the education of tomorrow’s leaders.”
Ashley Webster is currently in her freshman year at the University of Toledo studying Pre-Med. Webster was awarded a scholarship through Folds of Honor, as her father, Air Force Senior Airman Rick Lee Webster, was injured on duty in support of Operation Desert Shield and is now an 80 percent disabled veteran. She is a Higher Education Scholarship recipient and will be able to use the funds in the upcoming winter semester.
Folds of Honor is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, founded by Major Dan Rooney, with a mission to empower military families by providing educational scholarships to the children and spouses of military servicemen and women who have fallen or were disabled while serving our great nation. Since its inception in 2007, it has awarded more than 10,000 scholarships to recipients in all 50 states. In the fall of 2014 alone, The Folds of Honor Fund donated $10 million in scholarships. For more information on Folds of Honor, please visit www.foldsofhonor.org.
Founded in 1974, Quaker Steak & Lube® now has more than 50 locations across 16 states. The compelling decor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and motor-themed memorabilia, combined with its craveable food and SuperCharged events, has created a cult-like following for The Lube® for more than 40 years.
For more information, visit www.QuakerSteakAndLube.com. Follow The Lube® on Twitter and Instagram at @QuakerSteak and on Facebook at Quaker Steak & Lube. For more information, visit www.QuakerSteakAndLube.com.
About Quaker Steak & Lube®
Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., Quaker Steak & Lube® has expanded across the United States. The unique decor, including gas station memorabilia, classic cars, motorcycles, race cars and corvettes suspended from the ceilings combined with the crave-able food and high-octane events has afforded The Lube® a cult-like fan following. Today, Quaker Steak & Lube® has become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the country, and has won hundreds of national and international awards for its wings and more than 25 different wing sauces.
About Folds of Honor
Folds of Honor is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization that provides educational scholarships to families of military men and women who have fallen or been disabled in combat while serving in the United States armed forces. Our educational scholarships support private education tuition and tutoring for children in grades K-12, as well as higher education tuition assistance for spouses and dependents. Founded in 2007 by Major Dan Rooney, an F-16 fighter pilot in the Oklahoma Air National Guard who served three tours of duty in Iraq, Folds of Honor is proud to have awarded more than 7,500 scholarships in all 50 states, as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, including more than 2,000 in 2014 alone. For more information or to donate in support of a Folds of Honor scholarship, visit www.foldsofhonor.org.
SOURCE Quaker Steak & Lube
241 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (2 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (5 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (4 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (3 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (3 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)