- Sub Headline: Current CFO Katie Scherping to Serve as Interim President and CEO
- Franchise URL: http://www.Quiznos.com
- Listed: June 3, 2016 8:32 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
DENVER (FranchisePOD.com) June 2, 2016 – Quiznos, one of the nation’s premier quick-service restaurant chains and the pioneer of the toasted sandwich, today announced the resignation of Doug Pendergast as the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer. Pendergast decided to depart the company to spend more time with his family in Atlanta. Katie Scherping, current Chief Financial Officer, will serve as Interim President and CEO.
“We believe Quiznos is a stronger company as a result of Doug’s work,” said Quiznos Chairman, Doug Benham. “Under his leadership, we’ve accomplished several major brand initiatives to help advance our business. We thank Doug for his dedication to the Quiznos brand and have full confidence in Katie and the management team to continue the brand on a successful path forward.”
With more than 30 years of finance, accounting and managerial experience, Scherping joined the Quiznos team in December 2013 as Chief Financial Officer. She spearheaded the brand’s financial restructuring in 2014 and helped overhaul Quiznos food cost and supply chain model in order to improve restaurant-level economics. Most recently, Scherping led the rollout of Quiznos new national point-of-sale system, which is expected to help bolster sales and lessen restaurant costs through new reporting and management tools. Scherping and Pendergast have worked closely together since Pendergast joined Quiznos inJanuary 2015.
Throughout his time at Quiznos, Pendergast led the organization to several accomplishments including significant gains in customer satisfaction, enhanced support for franchise operations and occupancy costs, and a renewed focus on value pricing. These efforts have helped cut store closures and set the stage for a return to growth.
“This was a difficult decision, as I was torn by the desire to see the results of the changes we’ve made during my tenure with Quiznos,” said Pendergast. “Ultimately, I need to put my family first. I sincerely thank the entire Quiznos system for all that we have accomplished as a team.”
During this transition, Quiznos goals remain the same – serving guests, supporting franchisees, strengthening the current brand and cultivating growth. As Quiznos celebrates its 35th anniversary this summer, the sub company is optimistic about the future and looks forward to continuing to serve up innovative, hot, flavorful menu items to guests.
Denver-based Quiznos is a chain designed for today’s busy consumers who are looking for a high quality, tasty, freshly prepared alternative to traditional fast-food restaurants. With locations across the United States and 34 countries, Quiznos is one of the world’s premier quick-service restaurant chains and pioneer of the toasted sandwich. Quiznos restaurants offer creative, chef-created sandwiches and salads using premium ingredients. Quiznos was founded in 1981 by chefs who discovered that toasting brought out the best in every sandwich ingredient. For more information, please visit http://www.quiznos.com or http://www.facebook.com/quiznos.
347 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The FASTSIGNS Franchise Corporate Leadership Team (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (3 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (2 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (2 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)