- Sub Headline: Current CFO Katie Scherping to Serve as Interim President and CEO
- Franchise URL: http://www.Quiznos.com
- Listed: June 3, 2016 8:32 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
DENVER (FranchisePOD.com) June 2, 2016 – Quiznos, one of the nation’s premier quick-service restaurant chains and the pioneer of the toasted sandwich, today announced the resignation of Doug Pendergast as the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer. Pendergast decided to depart the company to spend more time with his family in Atlanta. Katie Scherping, current Chief Financial Officer, will serve as Interim President and CEO.
“We believe Quiznos is a stronger company as a result of Doug’s work,” said Quiznos Chairman, Doug Benham. “Under his leadership, we’ve accomplished several major brand initiatives to help advance our business. We thank Doug for his dedication to the Quiznos brand and have full confidence in Katie and the management team to continue the brand on a successful path forward.”
With more than 30 years of finance, accounting and managerial experience, Scherping joined the Quiznos team in December 2013 as Chief Financial Officer. She spearheaded the brand’s financial restructuring in 2014 and helped overhaul Quiznos food cost and supply chain model in order to improve restaurant-level economics. Most recently, Scherping led the rollout of Quiznos new national point-of-sale system, which is expected to help bolster sales and lessen restaurant costs through new reporting and management tools. Scherping and Pendergast have worked closely together since Pendergast joined Quiznos inJanuary 2015.
Throughout his time at Quiznos, Pendergast led the organization to several accomplishments including significant gains in customer satisfaction, enhanced support for franchise operations and occupancy costs, and a renewed focus on value pricing. These efforts have helped cut store closures and set the stage for a return to growth.
“This was a difficult decision, as I was torn by the desire to see the results of the changes we’ve made during my tenure with Quiznos,” said Pendergast. “Ultimately, I need to put my family first. I sincerely thank the entire Quiznos system for all that we have accomplished as a team.”
During this transition, Quiznos goals remain the same – serving guests, supporting franchisees, strengthening the current brand and cultivating growth. As Quiznos celebrates its 35th anniversary this summer, the sub company is optimistic about the future and looks forward to continuing to serve up innovative, hot, flavorful menu items to guests.
Denver-based Quiznos is a chain designed for today’s busy consumers who are looking for a high quality, tasty, freshly prepared alternative to traditional fast-food restaurants. With locations across the United States and 34 countries, Quiznos is one of the world’s premier quick-service restaurant chains and pioneer of the toasted sandwich. Quiznos restaurants offer creative, chef-created sandwiches and salads using premium ingredients. Quiznos was founded in 1981 by chefs who discovered that toasting brought out the best in every sandwich ingredient. For more information, please visit http://www.quiznos.com or http://www.facebook.com/quiznos.
463 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (3 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)