- Sub Headline: Mark Van Kirk Opens First Robeks Store in the State With the New, More Sophisticated Design
- City: McLean
- State: Virginia
- Franchise URL: http://www.Robeks.com
- Listed: March 22, 2016 8:46 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MCLEAN, VA – (FranchisePOD.com) – March 22, 2016 – Robeks, a premium fresh juice and smoothie franchise with several locations throughout the D.C. area, rolled out a new store design with the opening of a store at 6661-A Old Dominion Drive in McLean, Virginia.
The store is owned by Mark Van Kirk, who was eager to bring a healthy eating option to his hometown.
“What I like about Robeks is the excellence in everything they do,” says Van Kirk, the acting president of Harrison-Ritchie, an oil and gas company. “I’m a pretty meticulous individual, and I could see the quality that goes into their juices and smoothies, and their absolute commitment to making a consistent, excellent, nutritious product.”
Van Kirk’s store presents a new experience for Robeks customers by putting fruits and vegetables on prominent display, and allowing customers to order from a menu of favorites or create their own smoothie or juice. Aesthetically, the store feels more like a farmer’s market thanks to the produce selection.
“It’s a much more sophisticated look, a relaxing look for our consumers,” says Robeks President David Rawnsley. Remodeled stores in other parts of the country have seen big bumps in transactions and revenue, he says.
Van Kirk has been a smoothie and juicing customer for years thanks to business travel that has taken him to California, where smoothies and juicing are deeply ingrained in the culture. He is new to the food industry, and was captivated by the opportunity to offer a nutritionally sound product to customers, as well as the Robeks business model, which is operationally simple, doesn’t require a large staff, and still offers customers speed and convenience.
“I thought there was absolutely great value between the price and the product, and I liked all aspects of the Robeks operations,” Van Kirk said.
The Robeks Fresh Juices and Smoothies franchise is a trailblazer in the smoothie and juice bar industry. When the company launched its first store in Southern California in 1996, smoothies and fresh-squeezed juices were still considered a niche product for the athletic and ultra-health-conscious consumer. Today, healthy smoothies and fresh-squeezed juices are mainstream, and Robeks is working with franchisees to open new stores nationwide to meet demand.
Van Kirk expects Robeks – and the industry – to continue to grow in the D.C. area.
“Smoothies and juicing is, I would say, in the embryonic stage of awareness here in the Washington metropolitan area and here in McLean. There is good knowledge, but it’s getting better. And we’re glad to be part of that, trying to supplement the McLean community and the Virginia community with a healthy product. We like being part of the McLean community, which is without question a very well-educated community, and that’s reflective of the individuals that basically go into Robeks. They know the value of juicing and smoothies.
The new McLean Robeks is open Monday thru Saturday, 7 a.m to 9 p.m. and Sunday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The phone number is 703-288-0082.
237 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)