- Sub Headline: To Bring Stem Robotics And Computer Science Education To Students Across North America New partnership will deliver Robomatter’s robotics and computer science STEM education content.
- City: Pittsburgh
- State: Pennsylvania
- Franchise URL: http://www.EngineeringForKids.com
- Listed: March 14, 2016 3:59 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 7, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Robomatter, Incorporated, a global leader in STEM education, and Engineering For Kids (EFK), a leading provider of extracurricular STEM programs,announced a new partnership to bring Robomatter’s research-based robotics and computer science educational content to students across North America through EFK’s extensive network of classes, camps, clubs, and parties.
The new programs will use Robomatter’s research-based technology and teaching methods, which are based on research from the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy, to engage kids in interactive, hands-on learning that teaches foundational engineering concepts as well as critical college and career-readiness skills such as problem solving, teamwork, critical thinking, creative thinking, and communication skills. The addition of Robomatter’s STEM content will increase the reach of EFK’s existing robotics program by expanding to middle school students, and will also introduce a computer science component to EFK’s diverse offerings.
“Engineers are critical to developing the products and process that will drive our future, and that is one of the main reasons our educational solutions are focused on the technology and engineering aspects of STEM,” says Skip Smith, president and CEO of Robomatter. “We’re excited to partner with Engineering For Kids to make quality, research-based engineering education available to students throughout the United States and North America.”
EFK offers a proprietary curriculum that is extremely diverse with many opportunities to learn S.T.E.M. through content and technology based programs. Some examples of content-based programs include aerospace, mechanical, environmental, civil and chemical engineering. Technology-based programs include robotics, electronic game design, software and hardware engineering. This new content will only add to EFK’s success, representing more than 250,000 students across the world.
“My dream is that Engineering For Kids reaches as many communities as possible, inspiring the next generation of young and inquiring minds,” says Founder and CEO Dori Roberts. “We are thrilled to partner with Robomatter because this will give our students even more opportunities to explore robotics and software engineering in a real world environment.
The new programs will be offered beginning this spring. For more information on EFK’s camps and programs in your area, visit www.engineeringforkids.com.
Founded by researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Robomatter Incorporated uses research-based technology and teaching methods, developed at Carnegie Mellon University’s Robotics Academy, to provide high-quality, cost-effective K-12 STEM education solutions to classrooms around the world, helping ensure students are ready to compete in a global, emerging economy.
To learn more, visit www.robomatter.com.
About Engineering for Kids
Recently ranked as No.3 in Top New Franchises by Entrepreneur magazine, Engineering for Kids offers over 300 lessons in 19 different curricular enrichment classes ranging from Aerospace, Chemical, Civil and Industrial Engineering. The lessons are aimed to help children ages 4-14 develop STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) skills using hands-on learning through fun and exciting challenges. Founded by Dori Roberts, the Fredericksburg, Virginia-based franchise operates across 145 locations in 21 countries, with plans to open 25 franchises in the United States each year. Workshops are delivered in after school programs, evening classes, in-school field trips, birthday parties, home-school programs, and more. For more information, visit http://www.engineeringforkids.com.
210 Sixth Avenue, Suite 3570
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2616
263 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (46 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (39 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (37 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (34 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (30 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (29 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (26 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (25 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (24 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (23 views)
- Weight Watchers® And The American Cancer Society® Team Up To Showcase The Power Of Community Through Project L.I.F.T. (23 views)
- New Cherry Blow Dry Bar Coming to Marlton, NJ (21 views)
- Franchise Businesses And Their Charities Are Honored At Annual “Franchising Gives Back” Awards Dinner (4 views)